Sat, Sep 21, 1:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Help please..?

Elantriell ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2004 at 1:50 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:43 PM

Does anyone know how to make wires in bryce? I know it would be easier to model them in max or any other program, but i was wondering if it was possible in bryce.

bigbadelf ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2004 at 2:18 PM

Here are a couple ideas off the top of my head: 1. Use a series of closely placed metaballs and place them in the shape of the wire. This will take a LOT of metaballs. 2. Create a symmetrical lattice and paint the shape of the wire in the terrain editor (or import it from a 2D image editor). That's all i've got. Good luck.

Erlik ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2004 at 3:25 PM

MadMax's Smart Pipe is here in Free Stuff. Search under madmax.

-- erlik

nuski ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2004 at 6:33 PM

Could you be more specific? . . .a single wire. . .telephone wire. . .several wires. etc.?

Elantriell ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 12:34 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I was thinking more in the direction of wires you see in sci-fi images or abandoned places.

Erlik ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 10:34 AM

You see all kinds of wires in abandoned places. :-) Multireplication along a path. check ... "Assassin" in my gallery. The gun cable is multireplicated spheres. Then check the forum for Aldaron and multireplication.

-- erlik

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.