Tue, Oct 22, 10:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:16 am)

Subject: Ockham.....re: Jiggles

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 6:57 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:31 AM

I've been playing with the script and have been having a good old time with it, as it really adds some life to otherwise 'plastic' animations. But I have noticed a tendency for things to occasionally go seriously extreme (I'm using Jiggles 3 on AnAn (Judy's) breasts in a dance BVH sequence (the same freebie that Little Dragon used with Furrette and 'Music Box Dancer' a few months ago), and every so often a breast will head for the waist or try to implode into the chest. Is there any way to set limits in the script to keep things from going out of control? (the settings I'm using are grav. at .2, sec. at .4, leaving the cps at .5, and setting the multiplier to .2)

Lunaseas ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 7:31 AM

funny I have that same problem with my breasts...and the scary thing is that I haven't tried this script yet;)

Scarab ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 7:54 AM

"and every so often a breast will head for the waist or try to implode into the chest." Oh thank you so much, 'Stephen King'!...now I'm going to have nightmares for a week! Scarab<-in bed hiding under the covers......

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 9:06 AM

Scarab; I'll take that as a compliment! Be grateful I didn't provide any visual references. Having AnAn with a Breast Natural setting of exactly 1.000 going from normal to Dixie Dynamite to a nipple inversion through T6 in the space of 6 frames is....disturbing. Although King is one up on me; I never got sat upon by a flatulent babysitter. Use your imagination. Explains a few things about the man's outlook on life, though.... And try the script, Lunaseas! all you have to do is let it analyze the motion, apply negative values for the direction controls, and you should -stop- having that trouble! I won't mention just what kind of feedback harmonic you might wind up with, however....there should be =some= adventure in life after all.... >:)

alamanos ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 9:39 AM

where can i find this script.. and who does it work with? thanks

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 10:53 AM

" and every so often a breast will head for the waist or try to implode into the chest. " I've noticed something like this happening with Walk Designer motions. Because the script figures instantaneous acceleration, an unnatural "hitch" in the real motion can cause an extreme acceleration that would be physically impossible in real life, because the original "hitch" is also physically impossible. I might try a median filter to eliminate extreme values. Of course you could set the Max and Min on the morph dial to keep things under control.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 10:56 AM

Attached Link: http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/Jiggles2.zip

The current version is at this link. You might wait a bit, though; I'll be putting up a new revision later today. It works on any figure; the new revision will work on any figure or prop.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

alamanos ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 1:23 PM

thanks the above link doesn't work for me... should i just try again later this afternoon? nick

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 1:45 PM

Attached Link: http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/Jiggles3.zip

file_100818.jpg

Added twang strength control. Opened up the selection to any prop and any parameter. See the new readme before using......

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 1:48 PM

Attached Link: http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Movies/Pucktest.mpg

file_100820.jpg

Here's a demo showing how the twang creates a realistic wobble of the cylinder on sudden start. (Link is a slightly higher-res version of the same clip.)

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2004 at 11:00 PM

Attached Link: http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/Jiggles4.zip

file_100822.jpg

I should have spotted this immediately. Most of the reported problems were caused by the fact that Jiggles was applying the morph targets with a center of Zero, instead of using the original (default) value as the center. Because Misaki's morphs happen to be 0'd in their natural positions, I didn't spot the problem until I applied the acceleration to Scale variables on props. Then, in typical programmer style, I added a whole special section to treat Scale variables separately.... Anyway, it's fixed now. [Legal notice: the model does not necessarily represent or resemble the actual author.] [Legal meta-notice: the above notice is the understatement of the century.]

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

numanoid ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2004 at 8:00 PM

And here we were, thinking Ockham was a nubile young girl. Lol. Thanks for the fix.

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2004 at 8:43 PM

Just getting ready to re-render my test scene with a corrected BVH (I found I could change the root node translation value without apparently destroying the dynamic sim), and Jiggles 4. The in Poser test ran much better this time....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.