Sun, Oct 6, 7:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: A Much Larger Thumbnails/Page Dropdown Please, for people with Broadband?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 6:59 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:56 AM

I love spending hours, and countless kbs browsing this gallery! Unfortunetly Fatigue only really sets in needing to load page to page, because I can only pick up 18 thumbs per fiddle with my PC. Options like 50, 100, or more would'nt need be used by everyone, just those whom can really appreciate them!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2004 at 12:07 AM

And, the site would slow to a grind, because 1,000 to 2,000 people are all requesting 100 thumbnails at the same time. (Would be nice, though) We used to have more than 18 thumbs per page, and that (along with MANY other tweaks) were done to keep site speed nice and humming for everybody. Bandwidth is ridiculous here. (237 million hits per month, 39 million page views per month, etc, etc.) AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2004 at 12:16 PM

I understand need for bandwidth, as well as the resources it would take to keep all of each image's hits in order. I'm sorry to hear this though. Comcast has just doubled thier retail speed to 3MBs in my area, and I would very much like to try it again for a few months or so, again. Allthough with out wonderfully abundant resouces to sail to its kinda a waste. I must say R-Sity is easily one of The Most Up and Coming destinations on the WWW to date. It is a pitty knowing such an rudamentary principle is holding anything from progress!

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2004 at 12:59 PM

And hey, wait a minute...Since when does a people increased interest, in a place, slow anything down? Is this not what banner ads are just for, hits?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2004 at 1:02 PM

Yes, I am also on Comcast 3Mbps! It is amazing. ;o) Best exmaples I have seen of the improved speed are with streaming video on like Atom Films, or seeing trailers at Apple, etc. AS

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2004 at 1:04 PM

Banner ads are for the merchants in the Market Place. Or, am I misunderstanding your question? AS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.