Mon, Sep 9, 7:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: help with nature scene

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2004 at 7:00 PM ยท edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 5:17 PM

Hey everyone! I've just made this nature scene (based on "two roads diverged in a yellow wood" by robert frost) and I was wondering what I could do to improve it. I think the realism is there, but it just lacks somthing. All comments greatfully appreciated! Thanks! All bryce scene, zenith lighting, forest global reflection map. http://www.3dfightclubforum.com/phpBB2/files/yellowwodmadmax1.jpg

DJB ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2004 at 8:02 PM

Myabe make the slates more of a realistic texture.One other thing might be to add a bit of dirt color between grass tuffs on the ground.The strictly grey and green is so clean turf looking.But it sure does look realistc with your lighting and leaves.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

draculaz ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2004 at 8:47 PM

have to say, pretty damned realistic! drac

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2004 at 10:14 PM

It does look pretty photorealistic but I think it could do with a little debris and perhaps darken the grass a little. Also some clumps of grass would be good too. HTH Catlin

danamo ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2004 at 1:38 AM

Love the lighting madmax! The POV is perfect, and I really like your trees. I love your Zenith light-rigs and their ease of use.I use them in a lot of my renders( but don't let that depress you,lol)

Dan

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2004 at 5:08 AM

It looks great, I don't know much to improve it. Maybe use a texture on the leaves of the trees that shows just a little extra of the structure of the leave's surface (like all these veins(sp?) and such) and/or maybe make the grass a little more dense and maybe a little higher too. Maybe that'll give it the extra spark you're looking for.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

bigbadelf ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2004 at 9:48 AM

Looks nice! Regarding the grass, i agree a little higher. Otherwise, it looks like a nice mix of grass and ground. Good job!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2004 at 1:47 PM

Looks like decor for Warhammer 40,000 miniatures. Looks good though.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

gammaRascal ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 5:19 PM

wow that looked great!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.