Thu, Sep 19, 11:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Now available (for free) at Vanishing Point: Blue Thunder

JHoagland ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2004 at 8:46 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:41 PM

Attached Link: http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/freestuff.asp?StartNo=50

file_101404.jpg

At long last, Blue Thunder is available as a 3-D mesh. This may well be the ONLY one on the Internet. :) (I looked at all the usual places for a model to use as a reference, but I found nothing... not even a helicopter that was close to the same shape. The only search results were for the movie or for r/c helicopters.) This model has been "optimized" for use in Poser and includes the usual features:
  • rotating blades
  • rotating microphones
  • opening door
  • finished cockpit
  • gun turret can rotate, move up and down, and the barrel can rotate
  • for added convenience, all "movement" controls are parameter dials on the body
  • exterior coloring is built into the mesh and is not a texture map
  • interior detailing does use texture maps (such as the display screen and instrument panels)- feel free to make your own
  • And of course, it's scaled to the Poser people The model looks great when rendered in P5 with motion blur turned on. Hint: you have to set up an animation so the blades will be blurred when you render your image. Please note that this item is available only to members of Vanishing Point. Please login or sign up for a FREE membership to download this item. Above images were rendered in Poser 4 and composited in Photoshop. --John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

Valandar ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2004 at 9:34 PM

Darn, and here I thought it was a character model of Tatewaki Kuno, the Blue Thunder of Furinkan High... (J/K, the anime fans understand)

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

sbertram ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2004 at 10:04 PM

Wow! That's really cool! Thank you so much for sharing. Your site is quickly becoming one of my fav's.

DreamstoGo ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 1:18 AM

I was gong to join for membership, but then I saw that my birthdate was required. The only reason I could think of that my b-day was needed was to send Marketing offers to certain age groups and I hate SPAM...., so I declined to join.Look like a great helicopter!!

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 3:29 AM

Birthdates are required to verify that you're old enough to get into a site's Adult's Section. Marketing has nothing to do with it.

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 6:10 AM

Wowsers! Neat work, indeed All we need now is for someone to take a Bell 222 mesh and kit-bash Airwolf out of it (proper side pods, retractable gear and chain guns, possibly the missle tubes,etc) and that would have the chopper contingent covered pretty well! Hmm, wonder how that baby would look in some of Andi3D's Urban modules.... >:)

khorne ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 7:27 AM

great model ! good job !

geep ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 12:58 PM

Ok, ok, but ............................... can it fly?
Just kidding. ;=]

That looks excellent!

Nice job, J!

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

JHoagland ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 3:28 PM

I was gong to join for membership, but then I saw that my birthdate was required. The only reason I could think of that my b-day was needed was to send Marketing offers to certain age groups and I hate SPAM....,

For the record:

• The age field is NOT required. The code on the will be adjusted so that you can leave this field blank if you do not wish to enter this information.
  • We use the age field as a verification that you are an adult. It's a very basic way that we protect ourselves from allowing under-age people to see nude images
  • We will, never, ever, ever, ever spam people. Yes, we will be sending out a newsletter, but you can easily decline it by clicking this option in your Member Profile. (And newsletters aren't "spam"- they are sent only to members of the site, not the general public.)
  • I don't believe we are asking for any more "private" information that other community sites ask for. At the risk of sounding blunt: did you enter your e-mail and age when joining Renderosity?

--John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 5:23 PM

You guys are doing a hell of a job creating a good scifi film resource for poser. Wish I could contribute.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 10:05 PM

I think he just wanted to get a rise out of us John! I see he hasn't come back to read any of the responses since dropping the spambomb allegation. He's probably NOT old enough to join which is why he did it! LOL!

Farside ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 10:35 PM

I couldn't get your membership to work, I entered all the info, then tried to log in and it wouldn't recognise any of the info. I'll try again next year.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2004 at 3:06 AM

SteveJax, Not everybody lives here. Some people only log on once a day, believe it or not. They make a pass through the Forums and then go on to other sites. Some people only log on at work or school where they have a high speed account for downloads, or a long lunch hour. Some people only log on after they get home and deal with the family. Some people never log on during whatever holy day/rest day/sabbath they observe. If it has been a couple of days, then perhaps your comment is warranted, but I see nothing provocative about DreamstoGo's reluctance to give up private information without good and necessary reason. Indeed, he complimented the model. 🤷 Carolly

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2004 at 4:55 PM

Same trouble as Farside.' I tried 3 times with 3 new names, got nowhere. :] Fish

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.