Wed, Sep 18, 8:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 8:13 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Help needed! please read!

Vampiria ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 8:57 AM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 5:11 PM

hello and welcome, first i want to thank you for reading. now, im working on product for the marketplace, but it seems i need help, so if you are intrested please contact me!the product will be for koshini and/or for one of her packages. ICQ:310128216 MSN messenger: radomay@hotmail.com email: radomay@hotmail.com, mayr2@bezeqint.net.il AIM: Teddy9o9 or just leave a messege here! thnx agin for reading ! hope to get help soon! best wishes -Vamps

elgyfu ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 9:21 AM

What sort of help do you need? I would love to betatest for you - I have Koshini/Puppet and most the clothes. I am off work this week so have some time. elgyfu@f2s.com Elgyfu

Vampiria ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 9:46 AM

thnx that will be great but i really need help in making body textures im really really bad at body textures...

elgyfu ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 10:08 AM

Perhaps if you clarify exactly what aspect of texturing you are having problems with, then I am sure someone will be able to offer tips or a tutorial. Trust me, the guys here know everything! Well they have certainly answered all my questions so far!

geoegress ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 10:13 AM

:

Vampiria ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 10:16 AM

i need help in making body textures...i have no clue how to make the body color lips,teeth,lashes trans...i usally add the orignal but i cant put them on the marketplace and say that i made them...so if anyone had a tutorial(even if its l-o-n-g everything will be great!) tips and stuff please help me...it means alot to me! (i need to money so i can purches a domin for my website...)thnx agin -Vamps

Shoshanna ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 3:00 PM

As this post is about helping to create a market place product, I have moved it to the Product Showcase forum. Shoshanna

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 4:52 PM

Attached Link: http://www.poserpros.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4030

Hope this one helps.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

dolfijntjes ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 5:38 PM

Making a good body texture means practice a lot and nowing how to use a paintingprogramm. Look very good at excisting textures how they look. You got to have the template you can download that at DAZ and on the template you got to paint the body.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 11:03 PM

Vampiria, First, I'm going to say this... if you are making products for sale, they ought to be an extension of what you already know and are experienced with. Example: if you are a make-up artist, you know where to put the highlights and what real eyelashes look like so you can make a nice transmap. Or, if you are an antique car buff, you know where to put the chrome and how to shape the tail to indicate the difference between a 45 Ford and a 57 Chevy. Maybe you collect copper cookware. Pick something you know and love! Otherwise, you'll spend a lot of frustrating hours floundering around and the resulting product might not have those special aspects which will help it sell. Second, some fields are overcrowded and others are untouched. In a saturated market, you might have more success if you can find a niche and claim it. Koshini is popular, and there are doubtless dozens of texture packs for her... why should somebody buy yours? You cannot compete with free unless what you do is special or very, very good. People with a lot of money will buy everything in order to have a complete collection, but in this economy, few people have that much money. Reading between the lines, I would guess that you've made a morph and need a texture in order to produce a character pack. Ballerinas, goths, and magic users are all done, and done well. You will have to do better or do something different. If you make a Byzantine empress or a Minoan dancer or a Japanese geisha, you will need to know not just how to make a texture, but how makeup was applied for that culture. Yes, these are hurdles, but it is better that you know about them before you start the race! If you are determined to paint textures, there are some aids. First, most commercial products have templates. If possible, look for SnowSultan's seam guides for that product. He has color-coded the edges so that matching is easier. This is absolutely essential for tattoos, ivy, or anything else which crosses body parts. Seams must match... and they must not show when rendered from any angle. Enough people do nude pictures that you can not hope that hair or clothing will cover any mistakes. A couple other people have done seam guides, but his is the first name I would search. Second, Anton provided a couple of make-up guides showing coordinating colors for skin, blush, shadow, highlights for both madeup and natural faces. These are jpgs and are in the Poser Forum in one of the threads. Look for posts by PheonixRising. If your base color resembles a real skin tone, the rest will be less of a battle to get right. ;) I use PhotoShop, but PSP also has layers. You will need a paint program with layers. Gimp is free, but I'm not sure of its capabilities. Have the seam guide on one layer and your new layer for painting on is separate from this. I often put the seam guide on top and reduce the opacity so the lines barely show, then paint on my skin layer. You can do it any way you like, just keep an eye on which layer is active. This is really important! I put lips and eyes and lashes and such on their own layers. This makes it MUCH easier to adjust size and color and shape. Don't fret about having 20 layers, you can group them. If you make a mistake and the lip color isn't working, it is easier to trash or hide that layer than to trash your entire face file! You can't just borrow lips or eyes from another texture, even if it was free. For a commercial product you must either buy a kit which is royalty-free, or digitally photograph a face and use those elements, or paint from scratch. There are some mini-tutes on how to do eyeballs, for instance. Remember that in PhotoShop you have various blending modes such as dodge, burn, overlay, multiply.... you will need to get comfortable with various blending modes in order to get sparkly eye makeup or a soft blush on the cheeks. (All I can say here is practice and experiment.) I will also recommend that you be aware of the seam lines for the dimples and laugh lines and eye crinkles. Several times during a paint job, I'll save the file with all its layers (under new names) and then save a flattened file as a jpg for testing. I will test with expressions. When the eyes crinkle or blink, does the makeup still look good? When the mouth opens in a wide laugh, does the lipstick cover the lips completely and flow with the lip shape? Not everybody does vacant-faced nudes in temples, so you should try out some expressions, if not a full Mimic file, to see if the face holds up. I test under white light, not just the default lights. If you are doing whole bodies, you might also wish to be aware of ethnicity: some skin tones are more sallow, others more pink, and black skin often has a bit of iridescence. Remember details: lighter palms and soles if needed, eyeball colors, pinker earlobes or anywhere else that blood is close to the surface... skin is a membrane, and not totally opaque. HTH, Carolly

Vampiria ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2004 at 1:38 AM

wow, thanx for everyone that read and told something now i understand a lot better and i know i have a lot of work to do! so thanx agin ! -Vamps

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.