Sun, Oct 6, 7:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: how do you get rid of extra materials

superman32965 ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2004 at 8:32 PM ยท edited Wed, 14 August 2024 at 5:54 AM

how do you get rid of extra materials in your render materials palette, you know the extras your not using. i've made a little rsx i'd like to distribute for free. but, i need help getting rid of extra materials, and someone to try it in there poser to see if i did it right before uploading. please help. there might be a free car in it for you. thank you for your help.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2004 at 9:02 PM

Assuming you have external geometry, run the mesh through UVMapper, LithUnwrap, or Ultimate Unwrap3D, delete any unused materials, and resave the mesh. Then open your Poser file (CR2, PP2, etc.) in a text editor, manually remove any references to unused materials, and resave the file.

superman32965 ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2004 at 9:14 PM

can you elaborate more, i don't have those things and wouldn't know how to use them if i did.

Nance ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 12:41 AM

First you open the figure's .cr2 file, in a text editor app, to find the location of any referenced .OBJ file. Next, using the free app, UVMapper Classic by Steve Cox, (at www.uvmapper.com) you uh... just a minute... I think I hear Little_Dragon coming back.

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 1:26 AM

Sounds like a gap for a neat little utility that will take a cr2 file and strip any redundant material references from both cr2 and obj.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 4:55 AM

Attached Link: http://www.morphography.uk.vu/cr2material.html

Here's my brief tutorial on the subject.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.