Sat, Sep 21, 10:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: lighting effect

nick1 ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 1:21 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:43 PM

Hi all- Is there anyway to have a neon fluorescent light effect in Vue? Lets say we have a 1" square steel channel frame with the open side facing a wall at a distance of lets say two inches. It would actually be a sign. Since there is no neon light or fluorescent light in Vue, how can one show the reflection of the light on the wall? Thanks as always, Nick

gebe ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 3:10 AM

file_101798.JPG

Of course there is a way. There are even more then one way.

Have a look at "glowing neon light", page 266 in the Vue handbook.

erka ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 7:11 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=erka

Nick, take a look at the image "Bridge/3(Urbania)" in my gallery. This is what i did to get the neon signs effect: Use a luminous material for the neon itself, with a bit of glow added. Position a few omni lights with the same color as the neon material in front of the sign. Adjust their power so that they light the background wall, giving the impression that the light actualy comes from the neon itself. It's important to use more than one light in order to get an "area light" effect.

nick1 ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 1:41 PM

Thank you both. I shall give it a try.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.