Mon, Sep 9, 7:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP - Still-Life Challenge - Does this qualify?

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 5:13 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 6:54 PM
Forum Moderator

Thinking about entering this month's challenge, I was wondering if this qualified as 'Still-Life'.... C&Cs please! Thanks for looking!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

electroglyph ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 5:24 PM

As long as you don't start playing with your balls it's a still-life. Neat! What's the reflection though?

Ang25 ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 5:38 PM

Nice, yes as long as you let your balls hang still, its a still life. But seriously, I'd add a bit more, make a showcase of it with other items around it. :-D

diolma ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 6:06 PM

Given that that's an executive's toy, I'd say Yes. It qualifies ;-) Cheers, Diolma

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 6:34 PM

Cool, what is the red in the reflection?

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 7:20 PM
Forum Moderator

Well this is only a wip. I'll put it in a scene next. As for the reflection you'll justhave to wait and see.... Thanks for the comments though!

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

DJB ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 9:26 PM

Looks like a Canadian flag. I don't get what the Life part is in the Still.Shouldn't there be something with life in it ,but still.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 2:12 AM

still life or still-life - A picture of inanimate objects. Common still life subjects include vessels, food, flowers, books, clothing. a definition I grabbed off the net. I think "life" in this instance refers to painting from life as opposed to an image that comes from the imagination.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Sambucus ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 2:57 AM

Good explanation, Tjohn, although I suppose here most of us are going to come up with a representation of something that was drawn from life, rather than actually have the subject in front of us. Let`s not take challenge themes too literally, have fun with them while still staying withing the spirit of the thing. Nice set of balls, bryster.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 4:32 PM

I never though I'd get to see your balls Bryster, and you have so many of them. 8) The reflections look great giving the appearance of space around the object, it gives that little touch of reality to it. I look forward to seeing what else your going to add to it. 8) catlin

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 4:43 PM

I was toying with the idea of creating a newtons cradle. So, yeah I think it more than qualifies for the challenge. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. I feel I should make a joke about your balls but I can't think of anything funny. Give me a minute...... Nope, sorry.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 9:49 PM
Forum Moderator

I'm so glad Drawbridge didn't have the balls to make a Newton's Cradle....................they're so hard to come by.............. Thanks for the support, guys, but as you can see, I have all the support my ba...er...work needs.......LOL

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 2:07 AM

There was a very popular animation of one of these for the Amiga many moons ago, made with Imagine, I think. It was called "Kanakas" (knockers).

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 8:01 AM
Forum Moderator

Now there's a thing...over here we call Testicles 'knackers'

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 8:03 AM
Forum Moderator

BTW would anyone d/load this if I put it on my website? (For free that is)

FWTempest ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 9:54 AM

Free bouncing Bryster balls???... ummmm... lemme thing on that one... 8oD

FWTempest ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 9:54 AM

uummmm.... think?

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 12:22 PM

I thought to "knacker" as a verb meant to slaughter. I got that from reading James Herriot, so maybe that's Welsh? There is a knackerman in his books that picked up dead animals from farmers and paid them a very small fee and then sold them (the animals, not the farmers) to glue factories, etc.

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 7:33 PM
Forum Moderator

TJohn: Quite right! But that's the 'proper'meaning....not english slang..........

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 7:35 PM
Forum Moderator

English slang also gives us 'I'm knackered' as in 'I'm extremely tired'.or 'knackering' = a difficult or labour-intensive job (not used nowadays.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.