Mon, Sep 9, 7:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP Challenge ....Possibly

DJB ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 9:32 PM · edited Mon, 19 August 2024 at 7:48 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=623188&Start=1&Artist=dBgrafix&ByArtist=Yes

I only made the frame in postwork.Entire image done in Bryce.As normal I will probably change my mind a few more hundred times before deadline.Think I still need something in it,as I have a hard time keeping things simple.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Damia ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 9:58 PM

I really like that! Very interesting background. As I am a novice here, I have no idea how you did it, but I think it looks great. Sorry I have no technical advice, I am in no way qualified :P ~Damia~

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2004 at 11:01 PM

**LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!**It has an elegant simplicity that is very moving, very ZEN, if you put anything more in it, well, for me, it will be spoiled....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 7:37 AM
Forum Moderator

I'm with Jan on this! DON'T TOUCH IT! 'Nuff said..........

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

eelie ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 8:34 AM

Eh-yup! Don't you DARE touch it! It's perfect the way it is.

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 9:18 AM

I totally agree with everyone above, and this from someone who always adds myriad details.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

bigbadelf ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 9:27 AM

@Damia - I'd be happy to tell you how i think he did it, but i might be stepping on his toes. As an alternative, you can check out one of my images and if you want, i'll tell you how i did that. It's similar. http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=599020&Start=1&Artist=bigbadelf&ByArtist=Yes dB - I agree with the others. It's perfect. Less is more. Also, nice combination of the affected and unaffected areas. I hadn't thought of doing that with the effect. Nice.

bigbadelf ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 9:29 AM

BTW, how do people include an "Attached Link" in their post? Do you use the "URL:" field in the post form?

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 2:13 PM

Have to agree, this is perfectly elegant in it's simplicity. You don't need to add any more. I think I know how you did the sky, But I'da never thought of it!

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 2:25 PM

@ Bigbadelf, I forget my html sometimes so I'll go to a post where someone has added a link and click the View menu> click on source> scroll down the page to where I see the desired link, highlight and copy the html and paste it in my message and substitute my own link address instead. It's lazy I know, but convenient.

Damia ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 2:57 PM

All you do to add a link is type your link in the field that says URL. It already has the http so you just need to type the address and it will show up at the top of your message. :) Oh Bigbadelf, I like that image you did. If I did stuff like that it might hide the fact that I don't know what I'm doing! lol Maybe not. If you feel like expaining it to me I would be interested in trying it. I don't want to take up your time though if you're busy. So whenever. :) ~Damia~

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 2:58 PM

Nothing is a secret. Sorry I didn't mention it,but I thought most would know.Thats a cube stretched across the background then rippled glass effect applied.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Damia ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 3:38 PM

Thanks for sharing. I have had Bryce for a couple years and just upgraded to Bryce 5. I haven't ever really learned it though so simple things like that I would never think of. It's so simple, but it has a wonderful effect. And I agree with the rest, don't add anything to it. I really like it now. :) ~Damia~

bigbadelf ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 4:04 PM

@Damia - Thanks for the link explanation. For my image, i used two infinite planes with bump info. The plane closest to the camera has a "stretched" fractal bump applied which creates the illusion of "strokes". The second one has a normal fractal bump applied for added softness. I found that i had to tweak the refraction on each of them to get the effect i wanted. More refraction = more disturbance. In my case, it definitely hides the fact that i don't know what i'm doing... or at least hopefully does. 8o)

Damia ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 4:08 PM

There is just so much to learn! I always think to myself "I don't know where to start!" but then I answer myself, "Read the book!" (I do that a lot) I just don't have the patience I guess. I'm one of those I want to know now! :) Thanks for the info. I think your image looks great bigbadelf. ~Damia~

bigbadelf ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 4:23 PM

Thanks, Damia. There's a couple things that are recommended here that i have yet to delve into myself: tutorials (both here and other places on the net) and Susan Kitchen's book "Real World Bryce" (someone correct me if i'm wrong). I'm trying to make room in my head for some tutorials. I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment, though. It might be a while.

Damia ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 4:34 PM

I know exactly what you mean! I really want to learn this to make great images (I'm attempting to sell some designs on the internet, with no success yet). But it is overwhelming for me because there are so many things I want to do and learn. I also want to learn Poser after this. Too much! :) Well, good luck with your stuff and hope all goes well for you! ~Damia~

bigbadelf ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2004 at 5:53 PM

BTW, Damia, i sent you an instant message. Since you're kinda new here i thought you might not notice it for a while. I figure we can continue our CA talk out of the forum.

danamo ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 2:13 PM

Thank you Damia for the information about adding a link. I must admit I'm a bit red-faced at not knowing that myself,lol. It figures that I try to do everything the hard way.

Damia ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 4:12 PM

LOL! I am very good at that myself danamo! I always figure it's gotta be something difficult so I don't see what's in front of me. That's one reason I am kind of holding back on my Bryce stuff. I'm just a bit intimidated by it and making mistakes. I'm trying to work through it though! :) ~Damia~

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.