Tue, Oct 22, 3:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Poser Glass People?

beos53 ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 1:22 AM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 11:16 AM

I think I have seen it in here before, but not really sure, anyway I can't find if if I did see it. Is there a way to make a poser person transparent so that he or she looks as if they were water? or glass? Thanks beos

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 1:29 AM

PRetty easy in P5. One of the material settings that comes with it is glass -- just apply that to the skin areas, and then make teeth and gums and stuff transparent. For an example of doing this with determination, check my gallery out -- the one called the hunted.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

biggert ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 1:31 AM

file_102069.jpg

here's a solution geep posted for me when i asked how to make that bottle effect....maybe you can use this setting to get the effect you want.....or maybe work backwards or something... doc geep...hope you dunt mind me postin the response picture you gave me....i had this on my HD n figured its quicker to just upload than search for my original thread......

beos53 ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 1:34 AM

I checked your picture in the gallery and that is what I needed to know Thank you beos

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

beos53 ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 1:58 AM

ynsaen: I have P5 and couldn't fiond the glass in the material room under anything in the nodes biggert: I will try that approch also Thanks to both of you beos

kayjay97 ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 3:11 AM

Attached Link: http://www.bjshaven.com/Poser11_Tutorial.html

BJ jas an awesome tutorial to make people into glass. I have used it several times.

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 5:45 AM

It's not a node. It's a preset material in the materials library. That thing on the right side of the screen -- there's a bunch of fun stuff there...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

beos53 ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 1:53 PM

Attached Link: http://webpages.charter.net/swieg123456/page2.html

I thank you all very much All three ways work fantastic I put a small video of what I am doing with this on the web at the above URL. In the final I want the glass woman to look more like water, so I know I will have to put the video of here into another program and distort her with a ripple effect slightly over time If you get a chance to look at it, I would really like your comments Thanks Again beos

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.