Mon, Oct 7, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 9:52 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Someone PLEASE help with unwanted Flash

SWAMP ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 11:52 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 12:24 PM

file_102131.jpg

I don't like Flash...I don't want Flash. I find it a very annoying form of flashing,danceing, pop-up,spam. Everywhere I have gone on the Net,if the site contains Flash,you are asked ONE TIME if you want to install Flash Player. Click no,and you are bothered no more,and free to enjoy the site. Not so on Renderosity. With every page,every post,every viewing,even with just scrolling to read a post...this is what blockes my view. Is there any settings I can use to stop this unwanted intrusion? I use... XP Home Zone Alarm Pro (pop up settings are already set to high). Norton AV IE 6.0 Really,really looking for some help here... SWAMP

Khai ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 12:04 PM

I think they should include in the member options 'Flash Yes () No ()' if no is selected then the user gets a nonflash ad instead...

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 7:07 PM

I think you can turn it of in your internet settings.

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 8:39 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1654155

Swamp, there are some links and tips in the thread at the link.

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 9:31 PM

what are you talking aBout? I've been surfing here for a few days and never had this happen. I'll put it up there with the spam I hear about but have never had problems with or popups I vary rarely see. I'm serious, maybe its just me.

Wadus ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 9:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Spyware Blaster has a Flash kill thing with it, I've never used it so I dont know how well it works. I use it for the ability to keep spyware from installing...

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 1:00 AM

well you could click 'yes' then that annoying pop up will not be seen anymore :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 7:27 AM

A big fat sloopy THANK YOU for that link!! What I wound up doing was to install the Flash Player,but edited the regeistry with the values given in that thread to disable it. Thank You again...and also to everyone who replied. Happy SWAMP (jumping up and down like an obnoxious Flash animation)

spinner ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 8:27 AM

I use Opera web-browser and Norton Onternet Security - I havent seen a single Flash ad. maybe I should enable the popups, just to check out the ads ? ~S

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 9:41 AM

Actually Renderosity just started useing Flash Ads,and so far (time will tell),they haven't really been that bad. I just wasn't going to put up with all the crappy Flash elsewhere for the sake of coming here. spinner,what is Onternet Security...is that Norton's firewall?

spinner ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 9:49 AM

First of all it's a typo, I meant internet security, sorry:-) I shouldnt type before breakfast, I swear ;-) Norton Internet security is the package my ISP gives me annually, Norton Antivirus and Norton Firewall. The firewall lets me configure whether I want to see advertisements or not, which information I want to disseminate about my machine, and also a lot of security and anti-spam functionality. I tried EZ armor a while back, and I got SO pissed off at it after less than a day that I never want to try another flavour internet security again; their spamfilter did not stop spam sent over the ancient net.send protocol and I woke up to four, five net-send spams. rolls eyes Back to the topic; I prefer the Opera webbrowser, as it allows me to select which popups I want to see - so these combined give me a very pleasant cruising experience :-) ~S

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 10:11 AM

Oh..OK,I thought it was something new. PS..Do what I did...get an alarm clock with a small built in coffeemaker. Thanks,SWAMP

gammaRascal ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 1:51 PM

if you install flash, then go and delete the active x control or ocx/inf files, your browser will still think flash is installed but your wont be playing it. thats what i did with ie and all i ever get is a blank window along with that image icon in the top left hand corner. no popup to install or anything... as a matter of fact, since i deleted it, i cant do a proper unistall and it will never reinstall in ie.

JohnRender ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 12:53 PM

Unfortunately, Microsoft (in it's usual "wisdom") does not include a "do not ask me again" checkbox on this window. If they had, you could click "No, I don't want [whatever] downloaded" and "don't ask me anymore". No settings to change, no registry to go through, just a single check box. Excellent link, above, on how to turn off ActiveX controls. Posts #9 and #18 (in that thread) make some very good points.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.