Mon, Sep 9, 7:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Searching for....

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 12:25 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 7:34 AM

I'm looking for a place to find glass bottle models.(been to 3dcafe) Or even a tutorial on how to make some.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Swade ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 12:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.brycetech.com/

Go to the link and on the left hand side of the page under Tutorials in the Basic section about half way down click on bottles.

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 1:06 AM

file_102230.gif

OK I tried that tut thanks...Someone once told me how to either intersect...or something to make the whole thing sort of blend together so this seam doesn't show. Think I can remember..NO

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

rickymaveety ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 1:09 AM

I think maybe you have to set it up so that it's all grouped in order not to have seams.

Could be worse, could be raining.

rickymaveety ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 1:13 AM

It looks like you either have no bottle interior, or the cone is a neutral rather than positive or negative.

Could be worse, could be raining.

pogmahone ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 2:13 AM

Attached Link: http://arcana.daz3d.com/index.php?id=8

ddruckenmiller - re. "see the nasty refraction lines and the seem where cyl meets the sphere? I couldn't beat that... " I saw mention of this in a thread just a few days ago. I don't use transparency, so didn't take much notice at the time. Hold everything, quick search........I think it's mentioned in the tutorial at the attached link, Step 2. Is that info relevant?

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 3:01 AM

file_102233.gif

This took me all of 30 seconds in Amapi, it's in 3ds format, if you want it, let me know and I'll email it to you, unless of course you -want- to model it in Bryce, bottles are the easiest thing to do in any moleding app...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 3:04 AM

Attached Link: http://www.planet-3d.com

file_102234.gif

BTW, the 3dwizard has a zip of 4 bottles at the link

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 3:20 AM

file_102235.gif

3ds with standard glass mat..

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 8:15 AM
Forum Moderator

There's a neat little prog called 'Lathe', makes pretty neat cylindrical object to your required shape.......

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 9:01 AM

where would one find the 'neat little prog called lathe'?..;) I know Strata has a lathe tool, I think Wings might, though I think it's called something else..yeah..bottles are easy to do in Wings, just get the general shape, and intrude from the top to desired thickness..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 1:18 PM

file_102236.gif

OK Thanks for that tutorial..even though he took it out.Here's what I came up with so far.Now for lighting and better textures in background.

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 1:22 PM

Modeled the knife and cheese so coming soon will be questions on how to make a decent block of cheese. Plud get reflection on the blade...without ruining the rest of the lighting. thos grapes I found,but I do have some nice ones in the works,and will make them avail when done.Corks are easy with a small terrain.

pauljs75 ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 3:26 PM

If you ask nicely, people at the modeling or Wings forum might help. Stuff like a bottle, knife, cheese, etc. shouldn't be that hard to model. Also it can be accomplished purely in bryce using terrains or booleans. (Cheese slice could be modeled as a mesh, made from a terrain, or a boolean of a cube and cylinder.)

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 3:54 PM

I downloaded a demo of Amapi ,so hope it doesn't expire before I even learn the interface.Looks complicated.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 7:22 PM
Forum Moderator

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 7:43 PM

Amapi is quirky at first, but once you get the hang of it it's pretty simple, Shape Magic is another lathing app that's really inexpensive $10 with free upgrades, then there's the free Wings 3d(which for the life of me I can't get what's in my head to work in) That drape is looking somewhat familiar, hmmmmm....;]

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 9:26 PM

file_102237.gif

Well I will do all the above and overwhelm myself .Meanwhile I'm going nuts making Bryce bottles.Hope this pic doesn't infringe any copyrights. That drape is looking somewhat familiar, hmmmmm....;] Well maybe because I found the drape image at mayang textures.And pasted it in a terrain. I'll be taking some shots at the drapes around the house shortly.

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 11:19 PM

I have a studio so I just set up the types of drapes I need, and take a picture (all my drapes are my own creation)....btw if you plan on taking images of drapes use a red cloth, it greyscales better than a white one.......dang Mayang has a drape? That's odd...

ysvry ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 12:21 AM

try wings its free and easy and many tuts

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.