Mon, Sep 9, 7:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP...Krakken

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 6:18 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 7:52 AM

file_102266.jpg

I realize that this is a cliche, but it's a COOL cliche. :^) I plan to add some little men in the ship, pointing, jumping overboard, screaming like a little girl, etc. I also would like to get the effect of water dripping off the sea serpent (ideas?). Anything else? John

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 6:39 AM

Hey, that's a seadragon silly...of the genus plesiosaurus...:)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 6:45 AM

Attached Link: http://unmuseum.mus.pa.us/kraken.htm

Traditionally Krakens were giant squid or octopii, however the name is cool for any monster of the sea...

Melansian_Mentat ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 7:36 AM

I concur. :) But it's still a good image. If you want my 100 baisa, give it frills on the sides of its head. Dunno how, but it would really look cool.

erosiaart ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 8:09 AM

besides fire, and a torn sail? Think the sea a bit too transparent..can see a bit of the kraken's body under the water... all foam heading towards ship..makes me seasick.. eyes hruting coz of the foam's direction..tears me away from the kraken..pulls me towards the ship. maybe when you have pple floundering around..will make a difference. Love the kraken though...

kimpe ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 8:19 AM

file_102267.jpg

There is also the "Clash of the Titans" movie version. When it comes to imaginary sea monsters, one shouldn't be so literal eh!

brodiss ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 8:30 AM

file_102268.jpg

tjohn i don't know if this will help, but is this along the lines of what you had in mind for the water drips. this is very rough but if this is like what you're after i could see if i could improve it and then make it into a mat

brodiss ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 9:03 AM

file_102269.jpg

version 2 :) - getting more waterdrop like, i think.

tjohn ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 11:41 AM

erosiaart: Sorry if I made you seasick. I believe what you think is transparency is actually the sea dragon's and sky's(slight) reflection in the water. Thanks so far for all the suggestions! The scenario I had in mind was, the creature rises from the water and approaches the ship, preparing to take a bite as the movement in the water rocks the ship and men scramble to jump overboard. kimpe: Yeah, I've noticed when someone tries to reimagine an imaginary beastie someone will say, "That's not what they really look like." (Although I'm pretty certain that Zhann meant it tongue-in-cheek. :^))

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

kimpe ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 12:25 PM

tjohn; I'm sure she did to. She is right about one thing tho... You are silly! ;)

danamo ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 1:22 PM

Very cool start on this pic! I also have always thought of a Kraken as being a giant cephalopod of some sort, but if I saw something like that approaching my ship I'm sure I could re-discover my soprano range, lol. Perhaps you could use some upside-down Bryce trees with transparent trunks and the foilage assigned with a foamy semi-transparent material. Just a thought(for what it's worth).

rickymaveety ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 6:34 PM

Fire and a torn sail?? No no no no .... it's not a battle scene and not a storm scene (despite the high seas). I vote you keep the focus on the monster and the men and don't distract the viewer with too much else other than that drama and whatever you need to make it as realistic as possible.

Could be worse, could be raining.

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 7:37 PM

ooooo, crunchy on the outside, gooey on the inside,and yes, I was being :P, but you are silly!

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 12:18 AM

file_102270.jpg

You could make a drool from dragon like this...

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 12:19 AM

I meant a look of water dripping off the mouth..^^

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

bigbadelf ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 2:51 PM

Zhann has some really nice dripping water in "The Summoning". Check it out.

Damia ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 7:39 PM

Very good start! I love the "not real" stuff. The water could be done in photoshop (or image program). But if you want to keep it all in Bryce that would be cool, too. Sorry I don't have any tips. Just wanted to let you know I really like it so far and I can't wait to see the end version. :) ~Damia~

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 9:42 PM

That was done in post...probably the only thing I've done in post actually....:)

bigbadelf ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 10:03 PM

Oh, darn. I was hoping. Nice water, regardless.

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 10:10 PM

Thanks, some things just aren't meant for terrains, sigh....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.