Mon, Sep 9, 7:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP of all terrains

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 9:43 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 3:16 PM

file_102561.jpg

I find it interesting all the things one can make using just terrains In all the time I have had Bryce I never really played in the Terrain editor. Here is a wip of something I will continue.Making things straight and perhaps more realistic.Sort of a comicial look to it now.Also my standard philosophy of the words.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 9:56 PM

nice :)

Zhann ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 10:32 PM

Well, at least you have the foundation in...;]

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

MuddyGrub ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 10:49 PM

I don't think I've ever seen trees made out of terrains. You need to put in some of that pink square foamy stuff.

Swade ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 11:10 PM

Nice terrain work dBgraphix. I have not spent much time in the terrain editor either.... have been doing some studies in the terrain editor.... but not near enough time spent yet. You have a nice piece of work going on here though. I like it. 8)

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 5:53 AM

It's looking really good db, but please tell how did you do the tree's in the terrain editor? 8)

foleypro ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 6:37 AM

catlin mc... You can render a tree in bryce(Black Background) then export the picture into your favorite Paint program then greyscale the Tree Picture then you import back into Bryce thru the Terrain Editor by useing the greyscale pic,Now I havent tried using full color and a greyscale together but I figure it is doable...

Zhann ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 6:49 AM

That would apply to photo of a tree that was greyscaled also,...hmmmmmmm

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 7:08 AM

Yes I've tried that myself but have never got them to look as good as this. I just thought that maybe db had a trick or two up his sleeve that he'd used to make these tree's look so good. 8) Catlin

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 3:34 PM

Wait Wait....Sorry I was meaning the main scene is terrains. They are Bryce trees I did. Although I have done some trees using bumpmaps they do not look as good as Bryce ones. Sorry for the confusion.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

nuski ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 8:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1172398

Here's ivy plants made from terrains. The same effect can be applied to trees. Note the difference in render times by cambert.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.