Mon, Oct 7, 10:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 9:52 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: home page

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 8:18 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 10:20 AM

O.K. How do I do this home page thing. Tried to upload a jpeg onto it; nothing as eviteing as a blank page, followed, the form, browsed to my jpeg, selected it, hit save home page, watched the little blue bar file up, but it just never got there. Waited awhile but it never completed the up load. What am I doing wrong?

Shoshanna ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 7:01 PM

To upload an image to your home page, first click on either [Manage Page Title/Body] OR [Manage Homepage] then [Member Bio] whichever way you choose you will end up in the same place. You will find the following boxes to fill in Artist Page name whatever you fill in here is what will be written in the bar at the top of your homepage which currently says "manleystanley's Home Page". Intro Text What you fill in here will be written beside any image you upload. Bio If you write in this bit, it will appear underneath the image you put on your home page in a section called bio. Picture url If you are linking to an image which is alreay on the web, you post the url here. OR Upload Picture This has a browse button beside it. To upload an image from your computer, this is the one you would choose. Picture Alignment Choose whether the picture is aligned to the left or to the right by selecting one of these. When you have filled in all of these bits so that you are happy with them, click on the [Save Home Page] button. You should now have a home page complete with image and text (if wanted) If you wish to change any of it at any time, just repeat the steps above. If your image didn't load, I would recommend you first try to upload again. Sometimes uploads fail. You should also check that your image is in the correct format and check how big it is. I would suggest that you start by trying to upload an image no more than 400 x 400 pixels wide and less than 100kb in size. If this is successful, then you can always replace it with a larger image. If this image has been scanned into your pc at high resolution, it may simply be so big that the page times out before it can upload. That would also make it too big for people to see properly. If none of that works, well, we'll have to think again. I hope that is of some help Shoshanna.

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 9:03 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try and let you kow.

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 11:16 PM

woe, nothing like having your aol crash in the middle of a down load and writing a reply. Just wanted to thank you again. You were right on the jped, the one I was trying to upload was 512x512 and 176k. The one I have there now is 500x500 and 27k; can;t sat I like it, going to have to push the k.

roadrunner69 ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 6:14 AM

Being a 'newbie' here, also, I found that using a 480x360 pixel size for the 'homepage' pic works well .... I have uploaded some,however, and did not 'instantly see' the image .... when I returned later, it was there.... QUESTION TO ALL .... How 'often' can you change the 'pic' on your ''homepage''? ... THANKS, KINDLY.

Shoshanna ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 9:04 AM

You can change your homepage image as often as you want:-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.