Mon, Sep 9, 7:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Ray of hope for aspiring 3D professionals...!

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 10:23 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 2:34 AM

Attached Link: http://eyeoftheart.com

Often I become frustrated with myself for lack of motivation, when it comes to marketing my "artwork". For some people it is merely a hobby, for me it's my life's blood, especially when compared to my other pathetic career choices. I don't have a giant printer at hand all the time, but I have to start SOMEWHERE in my endeavor. So I was fairly excited when I found this website, and a few more like it, that would help to promote and sell my digital art prints. It's not going to save the day, but it's a numbers game! If you promote your stuff enough, someone will eventually give a return... This site is pretty cool, and lacks digital artists of the 3D sort. It took me only a few minutes to get some of my works up, and it offers a free trial month to get things going. So far, it's been the most user-friendly of it's kind, that I have found... Hope this helps anyone looking to pull in some extra cash from their hard work! (And WE know how much work it takes, as much as any painting project or traditional art project!) http://eyeoftheart.com/jaredmagneson (My page on this site, only 3 images up so far but it's a start!)

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 12:53 AM

Looks good to me.Makes me wonder about trying harder to build up a nerve to actually sell some myself. Be nice to have a buck or two for some of the effort.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 1:10 AM

Well dBgrafix, IMHO you have more than a few sales-worthy artworks, so why not? That's a good suggestion SDL!

TMGraphics ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 8:20 AM

Thanks for the link and info, will be looking into this, sounds good. TMG

Slakker ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 4:14 PM

Think people would pay like...10 bucks for any of my stuff? Lol...i have absolutely nothing that even compares with your "Shadow Wall" image sdl...that image is amazing.

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 4:39 PM

Aye, Slakker, thanks for your praise! The pricing was by comparison only, based off of what other people are charging and how much work I feel that I put into an image. Also, when I make a print, its at 300DPI, not screen-res, which means re-rendering if necessary. Slakker, the reason I brought it up at all is that we'll never know what we're worth until we try it. I say post some of your art, and you can always lower the prices later if you want! I'm saying that people buy tattoos for 50 to 100 bucks an hour, and I spent at least 50 hours on my Shadow Wall, so at Tattoo prices that would be 2500 to 5000 dollars. 100 bucks for a print of that is a steal. I'd really like to see more of us 'Rosity users on sites like this, there is a demand for digital art, we just need to fill it!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.