Fri, Sep 20, 4:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: How do i create morphs for use in poser 4

Eseres ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 4:16 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 12:03 AM

A question for those of you that have been working with 3d creations, and think of your self as a pro at the subject. 1. What software do you use for making morphs for poser? 2. Do anyone of you know of a tutorial for this? 3. Can i make morph dials in 3D Studio Max or XSI? 4. Do you know anyone that can make the morphs for me and post it at the freestuff pages? 5. That werewolf character at the marketplace, "Garaou" by sixus1, is that a poser 5 character or will it work for poser 4 as well? I've been thinking of buying that one.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 4:39 AM

3 You don`t have to make a morph dial, when you apply a morph the dial is automatically made by poser.

Eseres ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 4:50 AM

So when i make a head in 3DS or XSI, and want a mouth or nose morph, how do i make it? Im tired of using magnet props. I cant belive it's too difficult to do, but im new at this so i got to ask the proffesionals for help.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 5:03 AM

There is a wavefront object import export plugin for 3dsmax that you can use when making head morphs.

Eseres ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 5:15 AM

Yeah? So where can i find that plugin? Does it exist a tutorial with that? Need a kind of a starter manual for EXTREME dummies, so you know what you are deadling with here.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 5:20 AM

I am not sure where the plugin is but someone else will know and there is a tutorial somewhere that tells you how to use the plugin with poser too.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 5:21 AM

The Garou will work in P4, Pro Pack, and P5.

P4 users have to convert the JPEG bump maps to Poser's BUM format by applying them manually once, but otherwise it includes MAT poses and material files for all three versions.

You can do the head morphs in 3DS Max by altering the head geometry and exporting to .obj format. As long as the vertex count and vertex order remain unchanged from the original, Poser will be able to read these modified heads as morph targets.

There's often some difficulty with 3DS Max's scale when importing/exporting meshes, but I'm not sufficiently familiar with the plugin to discuss which settings to use.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 5:23 AM

The plugins are available here:

http://www.habware.at/duck4.htm

You'll want Max2Obj and Obj2Max.

Eseres ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 5:26 AM

Ok! I'll look for the manual. I have one for XSI but its only for making the head structure, i need to get in contact with an morphing expert around here. Thanks for helping me out so far, im now one step closer to the solution. Keep up the good work, man. See you later alligator.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 5:31 AM

One good tip when creating norphs in Max is to scale an INSTANCE of the imported obj and work on that. Scale it to something like 10000% (Poser's meshes are TINY), then alter it to your heart's content. Finally export the original sized obj back into Poser. Becourse of the instancing, the morph will be present on the little version too :o) And that way you're sure not to move it by mistake (I usually freeze my original as well so I won't click it by mistake)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

lululee ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 7:30 AM

Makkdc has an amazing plugin for Poser at Daz. It is worth every penny. It brings in your Poser figure and lets you add multiple morphs. It saves it directly to a cr2. No muss, no fuss. It also has a very cool symmetry feature that lets you work on one side of the face and transfers it to the other. I bought it and reallly like it. It is also great for clothes morphs. cheerio lululee

lululee ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 7:31 AM

The plugin is called Pmorph.

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 3:59 PM

I won't claim to be a great expert at morphing, but here is my twopence. 1. I usually use ZBrush for face morphs, someitmes I use Poser magnets. I mostly use poser magnets for body morphs. 2. There are some tutorials on making morphs using AMORPHIUM, RHINO, and Poser Magnets, at Morph World, see link above. 3. You can make morphs in almost any 3D modeling application, but it is more convenient if the application can export Wavefront Object format (obj). 4. No.

rodzilla ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 1:27 AM

i use 3DSMAX for the scale issue...in the OBJ2MAX import plug set the import scale to 100...in the MAX2OBJ export plug..set the scale to .01...and the scale problem is fixed,it's scaled up plenty big enough to work on and see in max and scaled back down on the export.the plugs "remember" the settings as well so once it's set,it's good to go and you can import/export all you like. that said Max is a plenty powerful prog if you know how to use it...but,i make a lot of morphs in poser using magnets,once you get the hang of it they work really well,max is better for certain things sure...but poser's magnets are a fantastic tool,it takes a bit of effort to duplicate their effects in max!don't automatically assume you can do better in max or xsi,for the types of changes you generally need to make magnets are often the easiest,quickest and best way to go!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.