Thu, Oct 3, 4:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: External Japanese building model - not a temple or castle?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 12:29 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 1:22 AM

That says it all. I'm looking for a traditional Japanese building or external facade, preferably a store or house. I've seen many interiors and gates. Thanks

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

chriscox ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 1:04 AM

file_102675.jpg

I just uploaded this Japanese House to the Poser Pros store (www.poserpros.com)earlier today. It should be available in the store there in the near future (provided I didn't screw anything up with the package). I was thinking that someday I might make a tile roof version that would match a castle that I did. Chris Cox

Chris Cox

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 1:31 AM

Thank you, Chris. And I like your Japanese model works very much. I am just embarking on this myself - the building/facade would be for a "store front" image with noren for an online 3D model store, but I haven't found anything out there yet, not even on Japanese model sites. Well, here's hoping nothing is screwy and that it is available soon! Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

h-kana ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 1:35 AM

I am now making "Edo street" series, include various shops, fire tower, warehouse, etc. Wait and check often my site. About castle - kuroyume, maybe you already know my "Tsuyama castle" model. For close-up view of castle gate, you may "yagura-mon" model. Tsuyama castle: http://edogoyomi.page.ne.jp/3dedo/tsuyama/index.html Yagura-mon and other props: http://edogoyomi.page.ne.jp/download/3dmodels/props02/index.html

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 1:40 AM

.:BookMark:.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

William ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 1:45 AM

Wow! Tsuyama castle: Excellent modelling. Very good composition for the render as well. And you're letting it be downloaded, thank you!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 2:27 AM

Attached Link: http://k-mochi-web.hp.infoseek.co.jp/menu.shtml

file_102676.jpg

Type this agin... dratskies... I know better than to search while typing. Mochi's site has torii gates, shinto shrine, nifty props, and an outdoor fastfood eaterie (file called tekiimage) as pictured. Under the last link is a restaurant with counter and stools, nekomesiya, which I didn't download as not needed. (I remembered this site because of the signpost with cat.) There was a Japanese exterior at PoserWorld/FairyWoods (really a courtyard with 2 walls). Dora's site is gone, but she did 2 rooms, one of which looked fine looking into the room. Expandingwave.com has some residential structures which are quite elegant, and at a reasonable price, complex enough to allow for various camera angles. Considering h-kana's gallery as well as the wonderful castle, I'm looking forward to seeing how her Edo-period street develops. Carolly

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 5:34 AM

Synchronicity. I've just been looking for Japanese props for a project and this is very timely. Thanks especially to h-kana!

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 9:47 AM

Thanks, h-kana!! I forgot all about these - been to the site before and have some of the models, but tucked them away for safe keeping and slipped from my memory.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 11:24 AM

And I have to second William's consensus. Excellent work!

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 7:20 PM

h-kana - > That castle is bloody impressive. Will definitely grab that when I get home. Thanks greatly for that :)

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

herne ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 10:51 AM

Got the castle Domo origato! I'm also looking for Japanese stuff but mostly traditional clothes and such. Unfortunately right now I can only get

herne ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 10:51 AM

Got the castle Domo origato! I'm also looking for Japanese stuff but mostly traditional clothes and such. Unfortunately right now I can only get freebies (no credit card) :(

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 11:34 AM

Herne, ISO has a free kimono. And PlanIt3D has some free japanese clothes for Mike (link on the front page there) - it may require a FREE membership to download, I'm not sure :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.