Thu, Oct 10, 6:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: questions regarding color

LonRanger ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 2:47 PM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 4:28 PM

file_103095.jpg

Hi,

I am working on an animated project where everything is in grayscale except for one character. I create scenes in Poser 4 and import them into After Effects, where I work with the color. Everything is very easy when the colored figure is separate from the grayscale characters (when it doesn't overlap visually), but when they overlap visually, I have to use intricate masks to control the color of the colored image, so that it continues to be colored while the rest of the image is grayscale. (I hope that all makes sense) Specifically, I have a scene where a dragon (a colored image) is biting the neck of a man (a grayscale image) and because they intermingle so complexly, it is a seriously labor-intensive process to overlay two images of the same movie on top of each other and mask out everything except the dragon in the top image and keep it colored (in After Effects).

My question is this: Is it possible to control the color in Poser 4? By that, I mean, is it possible to have one character in a scene which has natural color and to have the rest of the characters and objects be grayscale? If so, this would make my work much easier.

Thanks for any help.

LR

compiler ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 2:53 PM

You could use grey scale textures instead of couloured ones, may be ?

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 3:09 PM

Easy... Just open the textures for the models you want grayscale in an image editor (like Photoshop,etc),and convert them to such. Now just do your renders useing both those new grayscale tex's and the unchanged colored ones. SWAMP

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 3:10 PM

Really need a "crosspost" filter....sorry.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 3:28 PM

In Poser 5, you could simply connect a Math_Functions node between the texture node and the Diffuse_Color channel, and the texture would appear greyscale.

Barbarellany ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 9:28 PM

Don't forget your lights if you don't want color.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.