Sun, Sep 22, 6:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: "When Focke Wulfs Attack" Shocking footage on Fox......

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 1:09 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:30 AM

file_103915.jpg

This image started out with Rhinofalcons excellent hi poly B26 bombers, then I added in Smallworld's excellent low poly Dora fighters. The smoke plume is metaballs with a varitation of the low smog volume tex. The flak was modeled in Amorphium pro and the core texture is Clays volume fire. The black flak texture is also a variation of the low smog volume texture. The six bombers in the background are 2D pic objects. Still to come are panel line bump maps for he Dora fighters along with painted specularity maps. Excuse the explosions and smoke...they will be extensively postworked before the final posting.

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 1:42 AM

That looks like fun!

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 3:15 AM

Yes, lots of fun!drunk.gif

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 5:45 AM
Forum Moderator

Damn! Where's the air-raid shelter?......

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

danamo ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 3:53 PM

Cool battle scene!

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 7:17 PM

Thanks TheBryster and danamo.

sackrat ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 7:37 PM

Nice work. It is my opinion(for what it's worth) that the Focke Wulf 190Bd(long nose) was the finest fighter in the war,...bar none.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 10:45 PM

Thanks sackrat.

Smallworld ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2004 at 7:41 AM

Coming along nicely GG, great feeling of action and depth. I am nearly there with the Albatros, i'll post something in rhino.

Brian

Fortitudine Vincimus - "by endurance we conquer."

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2004 at 10:10 AM

hmm..I'd have to say the P-51 could hold it's own, but that's just starting something..;) that's a lot of metal going very fast in a small space..the explosions might be appropriate..;) great work.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 6:37 AM

Lol, same thing occurred to me pakled, I'd say there are some collisions looking very likely here :-)

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 6:59 AM
Forum Moderator

Sackrat: I have to disagree. When Herman Goreing asked his fighter pilots what they wanted to ensure victory over the British, they said 'Spitfires'.................The Spit' was developed from a superior design than the FW190 and had a proven track record as a racing plane well before the war started. It had greater manouverablility and speed, and out-gunned the 190. However, we're all entitled to our opinions. ;-)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 8:05 AM

I agree that the Spit was the best fighter, BUT although it outgunned the 190 it also ran out of ammo faster. The best plane was IMHO the DeHavilland Mosquito :-)

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 12:19 PM

Thanks guys. No "best plane" arguments from me as I love them all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.