Tue, Oct 22, 5:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Morhping M3 to a Wolf... Is it possible ?

semidieu ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 11:19 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:22 AM

Is it possible to "morph" from M3 to Millenium Dog in an animation ? (but i suppose not... it must be too complicated...)

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 2:18 PM

In order for one object to morph to another in an animation, you actually have to create the morph that would accomplish that. In other words, you would have to use a 3D program to "resculpt" Michael 3 into a wolf ... and then it would no doubt also involve setting up the joints to do that. It would not be an easy task, and because of the major differences in body shapes you might not get good results. The only way around it that I can think of is to create one animation of the human, and end it with him crouching down on all fours. Begin another animation with the wolf in a similar position, and then working into the walk or run that you want the wolf to do. Then, composite them together with a video editing package, using a crossfade or something to blend them together. Not exactly the effect you want, but probably the easiest way to go about it.

semidieu ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 2:53 PM

Yep... that was what i tought i had to do... But just wanted to be sure it wasn't possible to do it "easily". Thanks for your answer !

beos53 ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 6:41 PM

Attached Link: http://webpages.charter.net/swieg123456/page2.html

Here is a small morph I did in Poser alone it is under the pic "Morph" I dont know if this is what you want or a real wolf beos53

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

numanoid ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 6:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.debugmode.com/winmorph/

This is a free morphing program. I haven't used it, I use Morphman, but they should do the same thing. PS This is not the morphing inside Poser, but a video morphing program, blends one video into another, how they did the morphing effects for the werewolves in that recent werwolf/vampire movie.

semidieu ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 5:31 AM

Thanks for your informations...

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 5:00 PM

file_104157.jpg

This is about as far as I've gone with Michael 3 ....

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 9:17 PM

But... Little Dragon, what is a werewolf without wiskers? Lol, only joking, I think that's great. Last months issue of 3D World or Computer Arts had a Poser tutorial on Morphing to werewolves. Have you got that, and are you using it? It was a very good tutorial.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 9:20 PM

Haven't read it. Mine was done entirely with Poser's magnets and the grouping tool.

semidieu ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 9:18 AM

Wow... i think i still have many many things to learn...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.