Thu, Oct 10, 4:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: need help designing walk

LonRanger ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 12:12 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 5:25 AM

Well...the thirsty novice is back again seeking to once more drink from the waters of the Poser community's collective wisdom. I have never come across a forum before that had such a helpful group of users. I REALLY appreciate it.

What is the best way to create a walking figure? I checked out the walk designer and the walks I came up with seemed unnatural or not appropriate for what I need. I also noticed some pre-fab walk animations in one of the pose libraries, but these don't seem very useful either. I want V3 to walk delicately in high heels. Are there other pre-fab walk animations out there that I could use or do I (shudder) need to construct this from scratch?

Thanks again.

LR

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 12:22 AM

Doing it from scratch will make you pull out your hair and tear your skin off. Check out NERD3D for his new Millenium Walk Designer... it's the walk designer PLUS special high heel walk cycles for Vicky in high heels.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 12:24 AM

OOPS.. almost forgot the link. here ya go... http://www.nerd3d.com

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

LonRanger ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 12:47 AM

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with P4. Anyone know where can I get some .PWK files that look better than the default ones in P4?

pixelwks ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 7:40 AM

The answer, I'm sorry to say, is to do it yourself from scratch. Yes it is difficult and takes a lot of practise, but the walk designer rarely works (the P4 people sometimes work). I have spent hours cleaning up the mess the walk designer makes as opposed to 1 hour keyframing a decent looking walk cycle. Maybe P6 will have a better solution.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.