Sat, Sep 21, 9:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: March 2004 Bryce Challenge - Vote Here!!!!!!!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 2:41 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:19 AM

Attached Link: Bryce Forum's March 2004 Challenge Thumbnails

Thanks to everyone for taking the time out to make this one of the coolest Forum Challenges around. ;o) Take the link to look at all the (63) entries, there are a LOT of great pictures, this month will be the ultimate "tough to choose" Challenge. ----- Place your vote in this forum thread. You will place 3 votes, no more, no less, no voting for yourself. The 3 votes will be your top 3 favorites. You will be giving 3 points to your #1 fave, 2 points to your 2nd, and 1 point for your #3 fave. Try to list it something like this for easier tallying of the votes; member 1's name - 3 points member 2's name - 2 points member 3's name - 1 point Feel free to write up any others you liked, as I'm sure they would appreciate reading their name! (your own personal "Honorable Mentions", etc.) After 2-3 days, I will count up all the votes, and announce the 3 top winners. If there are any questions/problems, please post them in here and I'll answer/fix. Now go vote!!!!!!!! AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 2:46 AM

sdnoble - 3 points woodhurst - 2 points dan whiteside - 1 point

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 2:46 AM

woohoo!! I'm the first voter! :D

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 3:26 AM

sackrat - 3 pts Hollo - 2 pts FWTempest - 1 pt Hon mentions (in no particular order) : violet kelvinhughes Blog Beemer draculaz dan whiteside tjohn Wahnfried1959 (why the fish???) diolma catlin_mc TheBryster GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Gill

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 3:33 AM

Sorry, relisting in the order AS requested; Sakrat - 3pts Drawbridgep - 2pts Blog - 1pt Honorable Mentions; Drac Fwtempest ddruckenmiller dan whiteside dBgrfix brittmccary Lemonjim Bryster Catlin_mc Creations

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Elsina ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 4:04 AM

Sackrat - 3 points Jaymonjay - 2 points dan whiteside 1 point

My gallery @ Renderosity

RodsArt ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 4:12 AM

Svaelt - 3pts Zhann - 2pts draculaz - 1pt Honorable Mentions; tjohn Sakrat woodhurst TheBryster drawbridgep Jaymonjay Blog Claymor dan whiteside lemonjim FWTempest

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Gog ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 4:34 AM

Sackrat 3 pts Dan Whiteside 2 pts Drac 1pt Loads of good entries folks :-)

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 5:14 AM

Wanda Burns 3 points Mrdodobird 2 points manta2010 1 point

draculaz ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 5:45 AM

very difficult to choose... blog 3pts sakrat 2pts Wahnfried1959 1pt drac

Erlik ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 6:01 AM

sackrat - 3 points draculaz - 2 points kelvinhughes - 1 And oodles of honourable mentions. Ooodles. Well done.

-- erlik

attileus ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 6:03 AM

sacrat 3 p Jaymonjay 2 p Zhann 1 p Honorable Mentions: novgorad tjohn estevez creations dan whiteside Well done!

rj001 ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 6:12 AM

well started out with definate criteria on deciding which ones but in the end became a free for all, anyway for me i chose images that firstly looked good within the definition of a still life work, then i leaned towards those with original modelling/ textures, (then i put all the names inna hat....) however my choices are catlin_mc - 3 tjohn - 2 sdnoble - 1

Experience is no substitute for blind faith.

http://avalon2000.livejournal.com/ - My Art Blog

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 6:30 AM
Forum Moderator

This was just too hard to judge. I'm stunned by the number and quality of all the entries. I'm also surprised by the various takes on the idea of 'Still-Life', just goes to show how differently everyone looks at the world. OK, so.... Catlin = 3 points Slakker = 2 points Clamor = 1 point Hon Men; Zhann And everyone else. I enjoyed this one despite my 'Lack of Imagination' ;-)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

ringbearer ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 6:40 AM

drawbridgep-3 points Hollo -2 points tjohn -1 point Honorable Mentions: Nukeboy FWTempest lofty sdnoble sackrat mrdodobird

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

violet ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 7:10 AM

Beautiful outcome of this challenge !!! congrats to you all ; you all did it again !!!! here are the votes from Violet: Hollo 3 points dBgrafix 2 points Wahnfried1959 1 point honorable mentions : Ajtooley drawbridgep Woodhurst Lemonjim Sackrat Ralphwarnick well it was a difficult one.....

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 7:15 AM

fwtempest 3 points danwhiteside 2 points zhann 1 point Runner ups: creations svaelt lemonjim Hon Mentions: ddruckenmiller tjohn henkstenkel sackrat sdnoble The Bryster attileus kelvinhughes hollo blog

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Sambucus ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 7:15 AM

I feel really guilty about not entering my own challenge but circumstances conspired.... :o(
Just as well, really, I doubt Id have done too well against this opposition, some really great entries. Must admit I was worried for the first two weeks because I thought I was going to be the first "challenger" to only have one entry. I was quite relieved when I found out it was because of AS computer probs.
Anyway, these are my picks,

Wanda Burns 3 pts
Hollo 2 pts
Sdnoble 1 pt.
so many more I could have voted for, well done everyone.

Looking forward to the next challenge.

Slakker ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 7:28 AM

3 - Drac. 2 - FWTempest 1 - Dan Whiteside A hearty clap on the back and applause to all, though. And i must congratulate Sambucus for choosing this challenge, i've learned more about Bryce in this month than i have in the entirity that i've owned it.

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 7:42 AM

I understand that there being a prize involved makes voting a bit of a necessity, but Im abstaining. I like the idea of floating a concept and then people sharing information as they flog away at it, but I cant choose between them. (Of course I cant even choose between my own images if that says anything) There isnt a single entry that I didnt take something away from, whether it be technically, conceptually, or artistically. And I got even more from looking through peoples galleries. So ultimately, I have to consider myself the winner; not because of my entry, but because of what I saw, learned, and experienced

violet ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 7:53 AM

What a wonderful statement....

pjero ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 8:34 AM

Here's the votes from the Belgian jury 3 points to Kelvinhughes 2 points to Sackrat 1 point to Wahnfried 1959

gregsin ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 8:45 AM

Nice work by all. creations - 3 jaymonjay - 2 dan whiteside - 1

vasquez ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 9:03 AM

FWTempest -3 points NukeBoy -2 points ralhpwarnick - 1 point

tjohn ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 9:52 AM

Zhann......3 points Estevez....2 points Eelie......1 point

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

bigbadelf ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 10:16 AM

I'm really tired, but i did the best i could. Feeling uncreative, i chose images that evoked that "still life feeling" in me the most and that succeeded in suspending my disbelief the most. A lot of great effort was done by all. My picks: Hollo - 3 pts Wahnfried1959 - 2 pts Zhann - 1 pt Honorable Mentionables - in numerical order only: Jaymonjay jedswindells tjohn Svaelt novgorad sackrat sdnoble Mrdodobird Wanda Burns draculaz FWTempest

LinaBug ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 10:36 AM

Jaymonjay - 3 pts Hollo - 2 pts eelie - 1 pt

Claymor ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 10:45 AM

Dan Whiteside - 3points Zhann - 2points FW Tempest - 1point

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 10:48 AM

3 points: Draculaz 2 points: estevez 1 point: dan whiteside Too many HMs to list! There were some incredible entries this month. Way to go everyone!

FWTempest ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 10:51 AM

sackrat - 3 pts. (How could I not?... wonderful clutter..) hollo - 2 pts. dan whiteside - 1 pt. ... and I guess my list of honorable mentions would be about 60 people long... so just assume you're on it if you submitted anything... 8D

johnyf ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 11:04 AM

sackrat - 3 pts Creations - 2 pts tjohn - 1 pt too many HM's to mention!

MuddyGrub ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 11:29 AM

Lots of wonderful images and hard to choose... tjohn - 3 points TheBryster - 2 points Wanda Burns - 1 point

catieluvscows ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 12:14 PM

SndCastie-3pts Nukeboy-2pts Kemal-1pt

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 12:37 PM

Oh what a hard choice. I had a list of those I liked, and was going to draw from a hat or something, then I realised I had 3 ladies on the list, so decided to be totally discriminatory and vote for my own sex. Well its one way to do it so Zhann...3 pts Catlin-mc....2 pts Brittmccarey....1 pt

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

sackrat ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 12:54 PM

3pts. Zhann - Jan this is very good, it was an inspiration. Reminded me of Vermeer. 2pts. Wahnfried1959 - Great as always, what's up with that ? 1pt. nukeboy Very nice - keep going,....please. Hon mentions - Everyone,......johnnyF in particular.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

eelie ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 1:52 PM

It's getting harder and harder every month to pick out just three that I consider the best. Where are all these talented people coming from!?!?!? :o) Here goes.... dBgrafix - 3 pts -- loved how you did the background! lemonjim - 2 pts -- absolutely wonderful and tranquil! rayraz - 1 pt -- I'm a sucker for glass flowers and that's what these look like to me. And everyone else gets my deepest appreciation. Every one of the entries has something special in it.

Ang25 ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 2:06 PM

Such a great selection! So hard to chose, but here goes. 3pts - Sackrat great assortment and so real looking. 2pts - Wanda Burns - Love the lighting, the composition very beautiful. 1 pts - Hollo - Love the realism. The blinds are great as is the paint on the sill. A lot of HB's too many for me to list actually. But I wanted to mention that Slakker's had a great atmosphere to it and loved that sword, hope you use it in more renders.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 3:25 PM

Great turn out and some exceptional art! Zhann: 3 points drukenmiller: 2 points Sackrat: 1 point Good job, all.

woodhurst ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 3:53 PM

Great entries everyone! 3pts - Dan whiteside awesome lighting 2pts - sacrat incredible lighting/placement 1 pt - Draculaz as always awesome materials! Honorable mention::: Catlin mc attileus Wahnfried1959 Mrdodobird

Wanda Burns ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 4:30 PM

My favorites are: sdnoble: 3 pts. FWTempest: 2 pts. lemonjim: 1 pt. This was a very tough call... there were SO many good renders.

Damia ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 4:44 PM

This was so hard to do! This was the first challenge I have seen so I really had a hard time choosing my favs. They were all so good! Here they are: sackrat - 3 eelie - 2 lofty - 1 Hon mentions: tjohn Zhann lemonjim Hollo sdnoble Jaymonjay Claymor wahnfried I have to say again that everyone did a great job! All I ask is that whoever wins, pick a challenge I can do, please? ;)

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

kirasha ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 5:03 PM

Wow! Tough choice! I can't say there was a single entry I didn't like in some way. But, as "all - 3pt" is not an option: Zhann - 3pt ddruckenmiller - 2pt RayRaz - 1pt HM: gillbrooks FWTempest britmccary woodhurst sackrat sdnoble slakker Creations Wonderful job to all. :-) JL

Mrdodobird ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 7:38 PM

Blog- 3 Hollo- 2 Draculaz- 1 Good luck y'all! Freakin awesome stuff!

dan whiteside ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 7:48 PM

Wow, besides really enjoying doing this challenge,I learned a lot! Some truely excellent images and a great range of styles and subject matter. 3- Zhann Thought this one was the best expression of the challenge as SB laid it out. Excellent composition and classic lighting. 2 - Hollo realistic, detailed composition (as an Alabaman I got a kick out of the "Alabama Jack" bottle). 1 - sdnoble Great modern still life - loved the fluid work. HM: Wanda Burns Jaymonjay sdnoble and of course everyone who entered!

Swade ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 8:53 PM

Novgorad - 3 FWTempest - 2 Lofty - 1 I didn't get done with mine in time for this months challenge.... But I must say that each and every one of you that did enter did some amazing and awesome work. My hat's off to all of you. smiley.gif

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 10:44 PM

Wanda Burns-3 FWTempest-2 drawbridgep-1

Piperette ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 10:52 PM

Zhann - 3 Dan Whiteside - 2 Novgorad - 1 What amazing works people have created. I am inspired. It is so hard to choose.

xenic101 ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 11:59 PM

Hollo - 3 KnightWolverine - 2 Jaymonjay - 1

ranachronos ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 12:59 AM

Thought I'd stop lurking for a moment and vote: Zhann - 3 FWTempest - 2 danwhiteside - 1 Always a pleasure to see everyone's work. Thanks all! (And I should have my entry done by the 4th of July ....)

grind ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 1:15 AM

svaelt - 3 tjohn - 2 lemonjim - 1 This was way too hard to vote on... I ended up just voting for the ones that caught my eye the most. Honorable mentions to everyone who entered. Really high standard this month!

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 1:31 AM

Zhann - 3
tjohn - 2
lemonjim - 1

This was far too difficult to pick a winner.
You all did exceptional. I mean it!

Honorable mentions to
Mrdodobird
xenic101
Wanda Burns
brittmccary

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.