Sun, Oct 6, 12:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP - Photo/Bryce combo.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 9:51 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:31 PM

file_104250.jpg

Thought I'd share what I've been playing with this morning. This is the cinema in New Harmony, Indiana. The cinema is Bryce, the rest is a photo. Really tricky getting lighting and POV/Angle correct. Has anyone else tried mixing Bryce and photographs? I'd like to see some other examples.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

bigbadelf ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 10:09 AM

Wow. I'm impressed. Nice job. It looks like there's a little bit of perpendicularity discrepency in two places - the difference in angle between the left wall and the streetlight/telephone pole and between the right wall and the wall of the building next to it. I don't know that i'd be able to do as well, though. I can totally appreciate how tricky that is to do. It's awesome.

draculaz ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 10:42 AM

not bad at all... excellent integration. you just need some work on the masonry and the ambience :) drac

MuddyGrub ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 10:56 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Y&Artist=roobol

Lookin goood. Yep, the masonry is a bit off and maybe dirty it up a bit too. Check out Roobol's gallery for some excellent photo integration.

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 10:59 AM

Seriously impressed! Have to agree with the others on the masonry, but when I first saw this I was fooled. How about a tut?

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 11:05 AM

lol! You should all consider yourself lucky I put bricks on at all. I nearly posted untextured. ;-) Roobol is a great artist and on my fave list. He seems to put photographic elements into a Bryce picture rather than the other way around.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 2:06 PM
Forum Moderator

Fabulous work, Drawbrdge! Here's a little something I put together for my granddaughter sometime ago. The girl and the background are real but the wings are poser. I used Bryce to setup the wings on the girl and then put the lot together in psp7.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Dennisld ( ) posted Wed, 31 March 2004 at 9:37 PM

Hi Phil Thought you were going to do a church not a cinema !! Anyway, apart from the two small posters either side of the main door don't they advertise the films being played at this joint ? As for Photographs/Bryce I am presently doing experiments with photographic skies, the picture here is a combination of the two photographed sky images placed on lattices with the introduction of a standard Bryce sky to create the sunset effect. This is only a WIP but when I have the right foreground and the correct positioning of any mountains in the far background, all of which will be minimal, it should prove an interesting skyscape. As has been said before Bryce knows no bounds. Bye now..........................Dennis

pauljs75 ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 2:56 AM

file_104252.jpg

Looks like you pasted over that box shaped thing in front of the car on the right. Fix that one spot and perhaps adjust the lighting a little bit more so it matches the diffuse light on the other buildings, and it could get an excellent.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 6:21 AM

file_104253.jpg

Dennis, church was last Tuesday (and posted), where have you been? ;-) As for the cinema, they are very low key. Only two screens and yes, only those two posters gave any clue what was playing. I like your wip, that really works well. Might have to try that. Pauljs75, yeah, it's a trash can and a lamp post. You can see from the photo I've pasted over tons of stuff. The only bit I fixed was the BMW since that really stuck out. It is just a WIP and I would never post such shoddy work in the gallery (well, that's a matter of opinion if you look at my gallery). If I do post it, I hope to make it tons better.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

bigbadelf ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 8:00 AM

I like this second version. It looks great! You really outdid yourself here. ;o)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 8:11 AM

:-P

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Gog ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 8:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=605316&Start=1&Artist=Gog%5FCA1&ByArtist=Yes

Not tried a bryce/photo yet, this one's a max/photo combo :)

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 8:39 AM

That's cute. Really looks like he's enthralled by them.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Gog ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 9:24 AM

The original photo had choclate buttons in the jar! need I say more :-)

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

ddaydreams ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 7:52 PM

file_104254.jpg

Here I have created water drops models in zbrush and imported them into bryce. then I combined them with a photo of mine placed on a bryce 2d picture object.

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.