Sat, Sep 21, 12:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Vegatation in the add on folder

meselfr ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 9:20 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:48 AM

Do you have to purchase keys from E-ON to use these or are they included with Vue Pro? I wanted to know before trying to import them.. Thanks.

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 9:26 AM

Yes, you need to purchase the extra plants from e-on. Then you can install them from the CD:-)

meselfr ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 9:29 AM

Well if that's the case does anyone have any opinions on the value of each? I know they are $10 a piece (was kinda hoping since they were on the CD they would have been included with Vue Pro...) Any of them particularly good? Especially interested in the long grass... Thanks.

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 9:35 AM

They are all good. Don't forget that you can copletely transform them in the plant editor. You can buy the entire bundle for less expensive.

meselfr ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 9:41 AM

THe reason I ask the question is it costs $100 for the add on plants... I don't currently do animation (no plans either) it might make more sense to spend the 150ish and by Xfrog 3.x lite? Unless these are absolute must haves... Thanks.

iloco ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 10:06 AM

You can get 20 trees from xfrog for the price of the e-on plants. Or there about. With xfrog you could make anything your heart desires. I am not good with xfrog but some people are turning out fantasic trees and plants with it. :o)

ïÏøçö

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2004 at 10:08 AM

That's difficult to answer. Xfrog plants are beautiful, for sure. But you need to create lots of it. With Vue plants you have already lots of plants with only one. Both, Xfrog and the Vue Pro plant editor needs a learning curve. Vue plants are much smaller in MB then Xfrog plants and needs much less render time. And even if you don't do animation, the plant editor and the wind feature are absolutely great for stills too. So, you must decide this alone :-)

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 12:47 PM

gebe maybe you can answer my question. Are the Vue plants made using xfrog or a differnet source. Just curious. :o)

ïÏøçö

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 12:52 PM

Vue plants are made with SolidGrowth, an unique technology for "growing" trees. That's why you never get 2 plants of the same species that looks the same:-). They are also much lower in polygones then Xfrog trees. SolidGrowth is e-on's secret:-)

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 12:59 PM

That was fast. I have always wondered about that since getting a few of the e-on plants. I wish xfrogs were a bit lower in polygones but not loose the quality of how the look when rendered. I guess its not possible. :) Thanks gebe. :o)

ïÏøçö

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 1:22 PM

file_104156.jpg

You can get a high quality with Vue plants too. Just scan a leaf and apply it to an existing plant. This one is a Monstera with an ordinary leaf of an ivy, created and rendered in Vue 4.12. Imagine to do it in Vue 4 Pro with all the other features.

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 1:46 PM

Nice image and good quality. I agree that so much can be done in vue but only so many hours in a day to get a lot of what I would like to do done. I am kind of like you gebe, I have so many other things that need to be taken care of before my playing in Vue. Maybe one day I can devote most my time to what I like doing most and part of that is learning more about Vue and all it can do. :) Thanks for your help. :o)

ïÏøçö

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 2:15 PM

Yes, I also wish days with 72 hours, to have 4 hands and no need to sleep or to eat, lots of money falling in my purse and only playing with 3d software... I don't have Xfrog. I just had downloaded the trial version, but I never was able to get something decent out of it in working with it every day and 30 days long. I must be too stupid for Xfrog. So I will not purchase it. And I don't want the ready plants. Too expensive for Europeans with all the taxes and the shipping:-(.

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 2:32 PM

If I were as good as you with making plants in Vue I would not want any of those either. Maybe one day I will learn a few more things in vue and want be wanting the things I been looking at. I did buy the basic plants from xfrog but they are so large and takes forever for them to render. The 3 I got from e-on the walnut, yucca and orange reder a lot faster than the xfrog plants. Well I bought xfrog lite to get the basic plants and I am as you and can not make plants in it. To much for this old mind to manage. O well we till have plenty that we can work with even if we don't learn all of it. :o)

ïÏøçö

meselfr ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2004 at 5:51 PM

gebe, That is a fine render using the SolidGrowth... Thanks for all the input... I will probably start picking up the plants one at a time... 10 bucks every week or so is easier to swallow right this second than 100... THanks.

Tintifax ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 10:58 AM

I have bought xfrog 3.5 lite and it comes with 3x20 plants (young, middle, old) ready to use. They are heavy regarding polygons, but you can get xfrogTune (extra money!) to lower the polycount without loosing too much quality. I only have Vue d'Esprit and render sometimes in Poser5, so this seemed to be the best choice for me. But the SolidGrowth plants seem to have their benefits too, especially with Vue Pro. By the way, your modified Monstera is awesome Guitta. - Walter

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.