Sat, Sep 21, 5:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Wanting to commission a pro

Midian8 ( ) posted Sun, 24 September 2000 at 6:25 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:37 AM

I'm looking to commission someone to do some "professional" quality character renders. Fantasy genre images. Please send me samples, time requirements and pricing to TherianEQ@aol.com

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Sun, 24 September 2000 at 8:19 PM

Your going to have to give more detail dear. Is it just sill images? Is it a move? Or there others or it is a private thing? is it for a game? -Colt

Midian8 ( ) posted Mon, 25 September 2000 at 5:58 PM

Sorry, still images for private use. Character sketch kinda thing for EQ characters.

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Mon, 25 September 2000 at 6:16 PM

Nods Well you may not have known this but you posted to a 3d forum, and 3d models are not something anyone can just whip out in 30 seconds. (With the exception of people and common animals included in poser) If you need a private use model made (normally I require a sketch) it normally costs around $5,000 USD for my services. That includes an original 3d mesh (1), textures (Complete Figure, No Extras), basic animation (walking) and unlimited renders (from any viewpoint, hence the advance of 3d images) However I have a personal problem with EQ and their company because they engage in underhanded business practices. That means I will not create anything for EQ, period. If you would some e-mail address of some friends I can send them along, but expect the prices to be about the same. Take Care -Colt

Midian8 ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2000 at 4:15 PM

Not looking for figures or animations, looking for renders, like I said, Character Sketch in 3D of an EQ character. I know what it takes to make them, I just don't have the time and skill to create it myself.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2000 at 8:21 AM

Midian, do you have any 3D applications? If you have Poser or a similar program (and if you don't, you'd probably do better discussing this on the Character Creator's forum or MAYBE the Challenge Arena as a last resort), then you might do better hunting for or requesting specific props, as it's more satisfying in general to create your own characters, even if you base them on the "stock" ones provided with the 3D app.

Midian8 ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2000 at 10:31 AM

I have Poser4, Bryce4, Photoshop5.5, Imagine2.0 What I don't have is the skill to do the quality of picture I want, nor the time to build that skill. I work full time and go to school full time, and try to have a family life and play EQ. Sleep is an option :)

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2000 at 8:28 AM

Midian, I don't have the skill or time either, but I just plod along and am generally satisfied (though rarely HAPPY) with the results... Give it a whirl! :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.