Sat, Sep 21, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Points of Authority

biggert ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 12:54 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:40 AM

a while back i caught a peek at Linkin Park's video Points of Authority....and i think i saw some characters that looked Poserish.....you know...that video with the robot....i know the whole animation wasnt done in Poser...good lawd....but i think there was a character in there that looks poserish..... i only saw a few seconds of the vid on MTV a while back.....back when Poser was alien to me.....and now i use it i remembered watching that vid..... does anyone know if my Poser (or DAZ if their character was used) Sighting is legit? you guys know who Linkin Park is right? i sometimes feel im the only guy in his early 20s in this here forum....i feel like most people in here are like 30-50 years old...and i feel thats also the profile of Poser users.....LOL.......hmm....its just a feeling........ whats Poser's user profile anyway? 18-20? just curoius....anyone know?

numanoid ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 1:12 AM

Well, I know who Linkin Park is. Because I am a teenage grand-dad. Haven't seen that video though.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 1:31 AM

I think the average Poser user is somewhere between 30 and 45, with some both younger and older. My daughter at 13 uses Poser from time to time and I know quite a few 50+ users too. Oh and yeah I know Linkin Park, due to aforementioned daughter AND my (close to 50, but shhh) husband who also is mad about them L Not sure I've seen the video though, I mostly HEARS MTV becourse the TV is placed somewhere I can't see from my computer ;o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 1:44 AM

" I think the average Poser user is somewhere between 30 and 45" Now that's scary as I'm smack in the middle of that range (36 next birthday). I was married & changing nappies by the time I was 20 but I'm not a grandad yet thankfully ;) Not sure if I've seen the video myself but I'll ask my oldest son (15yrs) who happens to like them too :)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 3:58 AM

well yeah, I'm 38 myself, c1rcle, so... :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 5:28 AM

makes me feel old with all these kids about hardly out of short pants ;)

begga ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 9:44 AM

Dont feel 2 bad... Yeah i know who linkin park is.. but then I'm only 17 :

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 3:54 PM

my son left one of the CD's when he went to Iraq..good to drum to..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

cedarwolf ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 8:50 PM

Ye Gods and Great Cats...I feel positively ancient at almost 50! And here I thought I was just a spring chicken because I'm matriculating with my Masters in English Literature and finally getting into a PhD program! Ah, well. We've got six kids and the only one who's shown any interest is our Omega Child, the 16 year old Goddess (ask her, she'll tell you all about it). I'm pretty sure I never saw any Poser phigures in any of the stuff by Steppenwolf, 3 Dog Night, Crosby/Stills/Nash/Young, Yes, or The Who.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 11:17 PM

Attached Link: http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1053507

You can check out the POA vid at Launch for free. After watching it I didn't see anything poser-ish. The lead singers face animated looks like what I've seen done in Softimage or Maya. The video is very Command and Conquer-ish.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2004 at 7:16 AM

IM 40 and I know who linkin park is and actually have that incredible video backed up some where as a quicktime movie anyway there were NO poser figures used in that video the entire thing was done in a highend program like MAYA or MAX.

My website

YouTube Channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.