Tue, Oct 22, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / OT

Welcome to the OT Forum

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:07 am)

This forum is a place to relax, unwind,and
discuss topics which may not be appropriate for the other forums.

Remember to stick to discussing issues, not members.
Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

We want this forum to be enjoyable for everyone.
Please read and understand the TOS before posting.

Subject: really really (x zillion) OT on google

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 7:05 PM · edited Thu, 17 October 2024 at 4:08 AM

Advice: read the page r-e-a-l-l-y carefully before you discard it.... the page is a good enough imitation of a classic error message to fool a cursory glance! the contents are worth This is for your leisure... a) Go to www.google.com b) Type in (but don't hit enter): "weapons of mass destruction" c) Hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button instead of the normal "Google search" button d) READ CAREFULLY what appears to be a normal ERROR message e) Make sure you read the WHOLE error message! Someone at Google apparently has a sense of humor. Try this soon before someone at Google fixes it!

Ardiva ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 7:46 PM

Funny! I also get thrown into a gambling site to boot. :-)

rickymaveety ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 8:17 PM

No one at Google posted it and it's not up to Google to "fix" it. It's simply that the page is the top hit for searches on "weapons of mass destruction" at the moment. It is funny, however. Very funny. Now, I will return to my tax returns and my cat care chores.

Could be worse, could be raining.

sackrat ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 8:34 PM

Yes,.....this has been around for quite some time. Very funny isn't it ? OK,.......a bit of a rant now,.......which I hope will not be deleted by admin,.....I have always been a bit of a conservative,....intially I was in full support of the U.S. incursion in Iraq,......I mean let's face it, there is no way you can support a lunatic such as Saddam Hussien(spelling),........but as more and more facts come to the surface,.....I have a strong belief that our (U.S.) president has lied to the American people,....come on, when you have G.I.'s that are willing to express the same sentiment,.....G.I,'s that have served in theather,.....well, that has to say something, doesn't it !?!? I have good friends that are over there. Very good friends ! I don't want to go to anymore funerals !!! Bring our men and women home !! NOW ! Geez,.....I fully expect the FBI to show up at my door in the morning(I sure hope not,.....but one can't be sure anymore,.....you see, that's the point I'm trying to make). Of course they'll probably charge me with excessive use of comma's and periods. OK,...glad that's over,.....hope I'm still free tomorrow to see if this has been deleted. I am an American. sackrat.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

DJB ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 8:36 PM

Funnny... but why would you be searching for weapons of mass destruction LOL... Maybe you got fed up with your PC... kapowww

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

rickymaveety ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 8:40 PM

Sackrat, if the FBI comes for you, they'll have to take you over my dead body. I'm a conservative, but I'm still quite certain that Cheney and Bush and their cronies are running the country straight into the ground. Not getting many of these returns done tonight .... am I?

Could be worse, could be raining.

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 10:49 PM

Cheney and Bush, the Abbott and Castello of present day, well, I'm not a conservative, or I'm a liberal conservative, or a conservative liberal...but after working for the US govern't for 5 years, if you look really closely, it all comes down to econmomics, everything our government does is either militarily or economicaly motivated, if you think any of it is 'humanitarian' you are naive about politics in general and our government specifically...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 10:50 PM

It's all about what benefits those in power at the time.

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 11:30 PM

@ sackrat - knock knock...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2004 at 11:38 PM

Funny, type in "Bryce" it doesn't give you results, it takes you straight to the old MetaCreations product page for Bryce...ah, memories. Thread moved to OT. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2004 at 4:23 AM

Oh, it's gone up to the top again? Great! Must be due to the Pres's little video clip of hunting for them in his office. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.