Sun, Oct 6, 1:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Being original sucks!

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 10:57 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:21 PM

file_105003.jpg

Here's a background for an image using my city models from the past few pictures. But I can't think of anything original to do with it without it looking like Fifth Element or Blade Runner (been there, done that). So I've given up trying and posting as is. If anyone has a really good idea, let me know.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

attileus ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 11:02 AM

Well, put in one thousand flying aircars; that would make a difference! :-)

Slakker ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 11:12 AM

Maybe a phoenix streaking across the foreground...i dunno.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 11:37 AM

Maybe THE Phoenix. Battle of the Planets one. G-Force and all that. Oh, the good old days....

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 11:46 AM

Rig a high-wire, show poser feet and make it a 'Fear Factor' event (you've got Yank TV on digital, right - or do you just watch BBC3?) or a 'jumper'. You'd be adding detreitus either way right? Vertical cities are a windy business and you'd be surprized how high the garbage really flies. I think there's still tickertape floating around fom the last time the Yankees got the Series... It's up to YOU New York, Ne-ew Yorrrrrrk!

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 11:49 AM

Either that or throw in the chess set, a FWT vase, and some Tony Lynch toys... 8P

Melansian_Mentat ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 12:03 PM

Mmmm.... personally I like ddruckenmiller's Fear Factor idea. But add the aircars, too. It looks rather lifeless otherwise.

ardphil ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 12:44 PM

how about making everything below on fire! and make a poser figure falling! I dunno..lol

Check it out!

My Gallery

Damia ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 12:59 PM

I do think a falling figure would be great. Facing the camera screaming. Wish I could do poser! Oh, I know.....a big scary face at the bottom of the buildings! Could be coming out of fire, or fog.....or just the air. Make it almost blend into the bottom colors. Man, I wish I knew more about these programs! I would do killer stuff! ha ha ha

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

ardphil ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 1:02 PM
bigbadelf ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 1:05 PM

How about some sort of huge amorphous or wispy alien whose tendrils are curling around the buildings as it invades the city. You could even make it like a newscast or something. "Let's go to Trent Fishbucket and the skycam in hover one for the bird's eye view of the terror happening as we speak. Trent?"

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 2:07 PM

Trent: It's absolute mayham down here in original city as alien tendrils curl around the buildings like whispyness knows no end. We are trying to communicate with the creature to try and get it to stop it's terrorizing rage but it keeps yelling "bryyyycee!! I want Bryce 6!". We are currently searching for any brave men named Bryce who have something to do with the number 6 who are willing to risk their lives in order to save the city.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Damia ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 2:56 PM

ROTFLMAO! That's actually a great idea! Why can't I do this?! ;)

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

diolma ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 3:30 PM

Now, why do I have a sudden image of Wiley Coyote, arms and legs splayed, rapidly heading terminally downwards and Roadrunner standing on a convenient flat surface, looking down and saying "Beep-beep!" :-)) Cheers, Diolma

pauljs75 ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 4:48 PM

Make this an engineering space on some huge spaceship. Also make it so that it's a zero-g environment with some mainenance people and their toolsets floating around. Add some pipes, various control panels, and the like... Definitely an idea for something there. :)

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

ysvry ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 7:47 PM

remember tijl uilenspiegel? u could do a robot version of this mocker lol

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 06 April 2004 at 9:42 PM

you can always play around with some textures or mats..imagine a city made of jello..;) looks fine to me..don't be so hard on yerself..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2004 at 12:10 AM

How about some falling snow, you don't get to see it from that angle much, or make it underwater, with fishlike ships, and strange aquatic creatures? geez, I don't know....:

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2004 at 10:08 AM

Wow, lots of ideas. I like the underwater idea. It needs a figure in it too. I stuck a 2d of that girl from fifth Element and it looked OK. Really need to get my poser back up and running. Anyone seen my installation disk? I've moved house since I last saw it. OK, how about this... If (hypothetically) I wanted to say make it into a picture depicting, for example, a page from literature, what would you do? ;-)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2004 at 12:30 PM

Claim co-authorship on your challenge entry, that's what!

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Thu, 08 April 2004 at 10:51 AM

How about an insert in the lower right side of the picture that says "You are here"? How about flying a spaceship into it? This does look great. Its giving me ideas.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.