Tue, Oct 22, 2:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Poser 5 SR3 vs. Intel P4 2.8E Ghz 1MB 800 Mz!!!

biggert ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 2:59 AM ยท edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 6:27 AM

woohoo! ....from a Win 98SE Celeron 1 Gig. 126Kb 512 MB PC-133 all the way to a P4 2.8E Gig. 1 MB 512 PC-3200 with 64MB Video and Win XP!! Poser 5 eat my nasty shorts! or will it? "King Kong aint got st on me!" um i mean "Poser 5 SR3 aint got st on me!" sorry.....got carried away there...... i think the point to my post is-------> what problems could my machine face from the Wrath of Poser 5 SR3? memory-poser problems? XP-poser problems? hmm....i wonder.... if you have the same type machine what are your experiences? just curious. i want to think that ive finally "satisfied" Poser 5's Memory and CPU hunger...... have I? i tried rendering-----> 1 High res Don (nude) 1 High res Don casual 2 High res Judys 1 Casual Will Pixel samples = 12 render size = 1000 x 1000 Production quality Cast Shadows = ON FireFly renderer used render time = not bad! not bad! what more can P5 SR3 want? should i upgrade to SR 4.1? does this patch have any XP optimizations? i know there probably aint.....but i really didnt read through the README of 4.1 thanks for any input guys =)

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 6:38 AM

Well your PC spec is identical to mine, and i've never had any problems with P5, well none beyond the silly quirks like P4 had...can't say i noticed any big difference with sr4 but i'm not to up on how the innards work, i just leave it if its ok LOL.....Steve

Nevermore ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 6:42 AM

Upgrading to SR4.1 is supposed to increase stability, I've noticed a little difference in the speed of FireFly and perhaps the overall quality of renders if shadows and lighting is used carefully. You shouldn't have any major problems running Poser 5, you may find more RAM necessary in the future - I've got over a GB of RAM and am currenlty thinking of slapping on a further GB to keep Poser sweet for some of the big scenes I try and create. I'm only on an AMD 2400+ but it's suiting my needs until I can raise the capital I need to build my monster :oD Moving over to XP is a good idea, I hope it's Pro and not Home, glad to hear you've having fun though - after all that's the point isn't it?

stewer ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 6:57 AM

I'd recommend SR4.1 for a quality improvement when rendering displaced objects.

who3d ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 8:51 AM

Another recommendation for SR4.1 here, if only for the stability when rendering (e.g. animations).

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 9:37 AM

I upgraded all the way and can now run 3 programs while I'm running p5, which used to crash if you moved the mouse while only it was running. I have WinXP pro. I think it's a lot more stable now. Marque

OReillyTX ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 10:15 AM

I also recommend SR4.1 Your new hardware platform and Poser should get along just fine...and considerably faster too. Happy rendering.

jibrielson ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 3:00 PM

I thinks something hoggin` down your system is pixel size setting . Set to 12 to big for system specs like that . Your specs like mine , after trial & error my machine just could handle pixel size setting 6 -7 depends on complex of mesh or scene hope this help

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.