Fri, Sep 20, 3:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: Transplanting Morph Targets

AGENTJOHN ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 1:45 PM ยท edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 3:22 AM

I know this is a shady area, i have no intention of doing this for sale purposes, merely for personal use. Can anyone out there point me in the direction of how i would go about transplanting V3's morphs to conforming clothing? John

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 2:05 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/

You can do it with a program called "the Tailor" at Daz. It works best on close-fitting clothing - not so good on anything loose, like a dress. It can also be used to convert V2 clothing to V3, and M2 to M3 - there are a couple of tutorials on the subject up at Daz.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

AGENTJOHN ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 2:15 PM

Hmmmm, i did look into this, but im not sure that you can load V3 into the tailor, you have to load another figure to do the conversions, V3 mannikin, which is for changing clothing to V3's proportions, and i need to export the V3 morphs to the clothing. Im not sure if the Tailor 1.5 supports V3 CR2 with injected morphs being loaded straight in, if it does then theres my answer i guess. John

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 5:11 PM

You have to load all the morphs you want to match into V3 first. The Tailor works by trying to (I think) match vertex movement from the figure's morphs to nearby vertexes in the clothing. Anyway, I use the Tailor all the time on V3 and have never needed a mannikin. I think that has something to do with converting clothing to another figure, or some other use I don't really understand. ;-)

AGENTJOHN ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 3:51 AM

I picked up version 1.5 and it just works, i can load my character then my clothing then its done for me :D. Out of pure interest, how was this done pre-tailor? or is it a nightmarish task, i was sat scratching my head with Xbrush but i eventually gave up. John

nukem ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 6:20 AM

Out of pure interest, how was this done pre-tailor? Some users would morph V3 to their specifications and then import the morphed V3 and her clothing into a modelling application and move the vertices of the clothing manually to fit the morphed V3. Or users could use Poser magnets and push/pull/scale/translate the magnets, adjust magnet zones (etc) to tweak the fit of the clothing to the morphed V3 body. Then new morph targets for each modified clothing part could be exported and applied in Poser. Tailor can certainly be a time saver.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.