Mon, Sep 9, 6:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Savoring the RAW power of Intel P4 2.8E Ghz. 1MB 800Mz---Part 2

biggert ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 11:41 PM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 7:59 PM

file_105521.jpg

hi....um just excited with my new toy.....i tried this render that WAS PREVIOUSLY IMPOSSIBLE on my machine...... V3 with super high-res textures loaded 4000 x 4000 All Morphs loaded Global Illumination = ON All shadows = ON Reflection = ON Dimension = 693 x 700 Pixel Sample = 12 Shading rate = .1 Render time = 22 min i tried this render setting on my previous Win 98SE machine......it took 5 HOURS to render 15 shadow maps!!!! i canceled it for obvious reasons...... the actual rendering after the shadow maps is another wait...but with this CPU its like NOTHING in the 3D world is IMPOSSIBLE! all shadow maps rendered but theres no shadows on the floor...i think its cause they got washed out or something.....the diffuse color of the ground was set to white...so maybe it has to be set to black or something... 22 min not bad huh? theres 2 reasons for my post 1. to show people deciding on upgrading what a 2.8E CPU can do....and maybe get one 2. um just excited here......finaly i got A RESPECTABLE computer! woohoo! i guess my overtimes at work paid off! AND BEST THING OF ALL.......THIS HERE MACHINE WAS BUILT BY MY TWO HANDS....well....i assembled and configured n all... A creation that defines the spirit of what it means to be a man......working and producing something with his two hands...just like how it has always been in human evolution and history....MEN working by themselves, for themselves and nothing but themselves..... ohh....how beautiful!

biggert ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 11:42 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

oopps.....damn! forgot the tag again

DefaultGuy ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 1:18 AM

Cheers go out to you on all accounts! Congratulations!!! -Brian

who3d ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 6:30 AM

Looksa like you have a reflective floor - so re: shadows, you'll probably find that the mirror floor is reflecting rather too much light to significantly show shadows. Reducing the reflectivity might change that. It's nice to see positive benefits from your own labour, isn't it? Cheers, Cliff

biggert ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 11:12 AM

who3D oh yeah....your right....i forgot that one....and also because its reflective it wont display shadows right? its like a mirror in real life.....a mirror cant "accept" shadows. thanks for the advice ------------------------------------- DefaultGuy thanks

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 11:21 AM

Ha!- I also have that CPU in my box, I was sorta thinking of upgrading to a 3.2 when the price comes downa a little more on the CPU. They are down to about $280 now, less than half of what they were when I put mine together. Works well in Max, too. ;-)

jibrielson ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 3:45 PM

im just post on your old thread Set 12 in pixel size is too big for your machine specs Your machine like mine , and i was only success ( normal rendering time .. i mean,, ) with setting between 6 - 7 depends complex mesh or scene hope this help thankz

R_Hatch ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 2:25 AM

Welcome to the world of being able to REALLY use Poser 5 :-) As long as you've got enough power under the hood, it sure can sing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.