Mon, Sep 9, 7:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Michael 3.0 Millenium Beard

markmeier ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 9:30 AM ยท edited Sun, 25 August 2024 at 2:09 PM

Hi :) Now I have again a Question about Michael 3.0: How can I add the Millennium Beard 2.0 to him? If I add the beard it will not visisble if I render, I have tryed to conform it to the body, but it dont work Who can help me?

SndCastie ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 11:26 AM

you have to play with it and move it into place. It comes in a little back so try moving it forward and checking it often to make sure you don't move it too much. Just parent it once you got it in place.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

markmeier ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 1:09 PM

file_105662.jpg

It don't work! I can't match it with the face, the preview shows a beard, but if i render there are only some little, tiny hairs like in the samplepicture... What can I do? Mark :)

SndCastie ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 1:24 PM

Not sure on that someone else might be able to help you better than me Sorry :O)

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 2:03 PM

You are using Michael 3 SR 1, not Mike 3 to Mike 2? It doesn't look quite the same when I use the latter, but maybe you've applied a MAT to hide some parts of the beard too?

raven ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 2:10 PM

file_105663.jpg

I got the Millenium Beard to kind of fit M3 by loading it and selecting the body (not the head or neck) of the beard and setting X scale 98%, Z scale 108%, X tran -0.009 and Z tran 0.024. Then selecting the head part of the beard and setting the parent figure by going to Figure->Set Figure Parent and selecting M3's head. I would really recommend the M3 Millenium Beard for M3 though, it really is easier. Here are examples of beards on M3. The original Millenium beard, fitted by the description above, the M3 Long beard (using the additional poses by AprilYSH that are no longer available, but shown in this Platinum club thread, http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=1033 ) and the M3 Millenium beard.

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 6:34 PM

It is odd as I recently saw a full M3 Charater package at DAZ that stated "Required product: Michael2 beard with hair". I was wondering if perhaps there is an update of the M2 version for M3 but there doesn't appear to be, I too have used the M2 beard on M3 but it does take a bit of work and you can only parent it not conform it as it was made. I have a feeling that it is Not going to work with All of M3's faces. I just wonder how well a full character package is if it relys on a part not really designed for the rest of the package. Sure wish DAZ could update the M2 version for M3, or at least come out with an M3 version of it.

MeInOhio ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 8:28 PM

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding your post, but there is a M3 Millenium beard. It is a separate product than the Millenium Beard for Mike 2.

madkat ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 8:48 PM

Just a tip re: M3 Millenium Beard....don't install SR4 or you will lose all your thumbnails in the MAT:M3 Millenium Beard poses folder which makes it awfully hard to know what type of facial hair you're applying.

semidieu ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 2:26 AM

file_105664.jpg

In fact, i do not have any problems with the M3 beard... Just after loading M3 (Sr1), create your head. Then load the beard and PARENT it to the head... DO NOT CONFORM IT !!!!!! Only after, can you pose the rest... Hope it helps... PS for markmeier: Just to be sure... You talk about the Millenium Beard 2.0... The real name is "Millenium Beard for M3" PS for madkat: You can change in XXXXXXPoser5RuntimeprefsLibraryPrefs.xml the value XYZ in the fourth line It's the number of thumbs Poser will load... Over this value, it will hide the thumbnails... I use 300. And take care, Poser must be closed for the modification to work !

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.