Thu, Oct 10, 4:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Out memory...

LonRanger ( ) posted Fri, 09 April 2004 at 10:55 PM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 4:23 PM

Hi,

Twice I have tried to render a 20 second animation and each time, near the end of the render (after a four hour wait), it stops and gives me a message telling me I am out of memory. I know, from reading other posts, that this usually does not have anything to do with memory. But why is it waiting until most of the timeline is rendered before stopping? Also, I have rendered the same scene from other angles and no problem.

A couple things I noticed: Even though the scene I am rendering is set to highest quality (in Poser 4), when I come back and find the error message, I noticed that the objects and models in the scene are now monochrome, simplified images with no textures. And when I try to close the error message window, it keeps coming back and I have to ctrl-alt-delete. What do you think the problem could be?

Thanks.

LR

PS: I have lots of hard drive space, 2 GB of RAM and dual 3Ghz Xeon processors.

Foxseelady ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 11:50 AM

I'm not sure about the quality part, but my comp freezes up and says no more memory alot. When that happens I do a clean up of the temporary files and such. Either with just the control panels internet options or if it's real bad I do a disc cleanup of all the old files and that seems to help. Not sure if that's going to help you or not, but I thought I'd toss out the idea anyway if you haven't already tried it. Good luck!

LonRanger ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2004 at 12:30 PM

ARRRGH!!! I just did another render (a little shorter than the first) and the same thing happened. HELP!!!

Thanks for the suggestion. I just did a defrag of all my hard drives a few days ago. And disc cleanup shows that there are very few files that could be removed.

Oh, one thing I realized. The quality in the scene doesn't change until I try to close the error message. Then it changes the image onscreen to a lower render quality and also changes the settings in the actual render settings menu. (!?)

LonRanger ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 1:16 PM

Anybody have any ideas?

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 2:06 PM

Have you installed the memory update for Poser 4 ?
What OS are you using ?
What codec did you select for the animation ?

LonRanger ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 2:53 PM

Hi,

I can't remember if I installed the memory update or not. (I know I did before I bought my new system, but I quickly looked for the update in my download folder and it wasn't there.) The current version of P4 that I have is 4.0.3.127 -- is that the memory updated version?

I have Win XP Pro and am rendering uncompressed video.

Thanks for any help you can give me -- I really appreciate it.

LR

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 3:31 PM

Ok, XP and uncompressed video rules out a few things.
Most important, how big are the frames? and what is the frame rate?

How big is your Virtual Memory set for?
If you have more than one drive, is there plenty of space on each?

Try using the task manager to see how much memory Poser is using (you need to look at both the Mem Usage and VM Size columns) and how the amounts change as rendering progresses.

LonRanger ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 11:05 PM

Hi nruddock,

Thanks so much for your help. I will check on the Virtual Memory soon (I'm not at my workstation right now). The frames are 720 X 480 at 30 FPS. And I have lots of HD space (Three internal drives, each with over 50 GB of free space on them).

I will also check the task manager for memory use (I do have 2 GB of RAM, so I didn't think memory would be a problem).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.