Fri, Sep 20, 9:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Comparison - Feedback Sought

bast ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2000 at 1:44 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 12:56 PM

file_134424.jpg

This is the latest up close version of Ayesha's face. It compares my Version 1 release, with my upcoming Version 2 release. I have redone the morphs for the eyes, and mouth, and redone the texture to a totally new one, that includes a totally new texture transparency for the eyelashes as well as the face and body. Feedback, suggestions, and comments on how to better improve the face are welcome.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2000 at 2:43 PM

Both are nice, and I have no suggestions, but a comment: The first set looks more artistic, the second looks both younger and more ... cartoony? The eyes look more like a deer's (or a manga/anime character's), but other than that it's the more "realistict" of the two.

bast ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2000 at 2:53 PM

Thanks for your comments Charlie :) I think the second one is much more manga/anime in appearance. (Im a huge manga/anime fan of years now. I was aiming for the SquareSoft girl look in Ayesha V1, however since I had only just aquired Poser, though I believe I came close, I did not achieve the look I wished for due to lack of skill. I think a good idea might be to release both versions, since the second is taking on much more of the SquareSoft look and is really another character entirely at this point. Since both are based on P4WWG I plan to also try to port the morphs off onto Posette. If anyone is aware of some way to port morphs onto Vicki at all (yeah yeah, I know, it is technically impossible, but one always dreams...) I'd love to port the face and body to Vicki too.

WarriorDL ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2000 at 3:02 PM

Regarding the eyes- I think a cross between both images maps would look great.

bast ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2000 at 7:46 PM

Thats a great idea WarriorDL, I'll give it a try! Might manage a whole new look for her :)

willf ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2000 at 10:13 PM

I like the new eyes as they are (perhaps not quite so white on the eyeballs however). If I remember correctly this is a fantasy/fairy type character (?) & therefore the almost-anime style works well. The mouth is a good improvement also.

bast ( ) posted Thu, 28 September 2000 at 10:26 PM

Yes, it is an arabic fairy out of the Middle Eastern folklore, an Eshu :) I want to do something about the ultra white eyes too, and that is on my list to try to manage :)

bantha ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2000 at 3:17 AM

I like the new eyes too, but maybe with a smaller pupill in the middle, (hope the word is right, the black center of the eye). The second texture is a serious improvement about the first since it do not look so artifically clean.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

bast ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2000 at 3:34 AM

My morphs for eyes iris size, and eye size are adjustable :) it will be possible to adjust the pupil, iris size, etc to suit one's own taste in the final version :) I am pretty happy with the new texture too! and thanks :)

kutecht ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 3:14 AM

I think the second is the "better" of the two. although they are both great characters.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.