Fri, Sep 20, 10:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: An informal challenge.

jstro ( ) posted Thu, 08 April 2004 at 7:23 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 10:51 PM

You all probably heard that it is National Poetry Month, but did you know that it is also National Humor Month. So here's an informal challenge for you. Write a humorous poem. And since we had a limerick as a recent official Challenge, make it anything but a limerick. That will keep procrastinators like me who finished their limericks the day after the challenge closed from just dusting off those old bits and bytes and write something afresh. Closing date April. Yep the whole rest of the month. No winners. No prizes. Just for the fun of it. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

jstro ( ) posted Thu, 08 April 2004 at 8:12 PM

OK, here's my first crack at it. jon Eulogy to a Bee J. M. Strother I saw a bee upon a tree and alas, the bee saw me. The bee, so it seems, was full of dreams, Of grandeur, fame and fortune. You will agree, it's best to flee, but alas, was not to be. Like an arrow to heart of sparrow, She flew to my misfortune. She beamed with glee. But the wee victory did quickly flee. Her sad eulogy will simply be: Had no sense of proportion.

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2004 at 11:27 AM

Here I sit so very forlorne A blank page I can't adorne With words witty and rhyming. I need some pump priming To find words so cunning They spark smiles stunning. Alas, no poet am I; My well of language is quite dry. I plead with writers more pure of ear Some jesting words to volunteer.

tjames ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 2:27 AM

Interesting idea Jon...I'll give it a little thought.

sleiqu ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 9:09 AM

"She loves me. She loves me not. She hates me. I care not." Picking out the petals And meddling with the rhyme, Johnny found a fitting way In which to pass the time. He mused on things like faithfulness, But that was not for him. He called the girl who lived nextdoor And did her on a whim. Apologies, but I just had to give it a shot...

Damfino ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2004 at 6:22 AM

Political hack your guide to the town don't ask for shortcuts they'll only cost more Delights in the city won't stray to the country your own private junket and great society ball Our humble servant the capitol plan take all, leave nothing hope your stay was grand

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.