Fri, Sep 20, 4:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: upgrade or no? please help

imanwillie ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 5:49 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:32 AM

I'm contemplating upgrading to prop pack or poser 5, which is best. I'm an animator and am mainly aiming to output to flash and build characters who have to be robust. I use a G4 imac and run Mac OSX which is more useful and which is more stable? are the bugs in poser 5 ironed out yet? can you use movies as materials are there any let downs are there any must havescan't do withouts? would appreciate advice thanks in advance the iMan

neilp ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 6:20 AM

In my opinion an upgrade to Poser 4 Pro Pack would be a waste of time as all the pro pack features are available in POser 5 and there are many more features too. As for stability, there have been a few problems with POser 5 but with these have been mostly taken care by service release 4. Whichever way you go, you're going to have fun. Enjoy it.

davidgibson ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 7:01 AM

I have been using Poser 5 in Mac OSX (10.2.8) since P5 came out for the Mac. I have been very happy with it and had very few crashs all though part of the reason may be the fact that I have 1.5Gb of RAM. 1) P5 is more stable the P4 in the classic mode. 2) P5 has far more features then P4 3) P5 is slower then P4 4) P5 is a good excuse to get a G5(Come on tax refund) If you do get P5, max out the RAM in your iMac. P5 loves RAM! The service release 4 is for Windows only at this time.

Berserga ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 11:42 AM

well, It's a tough call, ya gotta have patience. Poser still acts pretty erratic at times for me, even after SR4. I like Poser 5 and feel the improved renderer, and mat room are godsends but you have to be very patient and creative (at getting around bugs) to use it for animation, and keep Poser 4, since it still does some things better.

nwm ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2004 at 6:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.nowhereland.de/images/walk2c.gif

The Clothing Room alone makes P5 worth it. You could not do this (V2, Nerd's kidakkamen clothes) in P4 or PP.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.