Tue, Oct 22, 5:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Face morph changes in new pose...why?

beos53 ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2004 at 1:36 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:40 AM

I know I have seen this question asked before, but I cant find any mention of it now. I created a face morph that I really like, but when ever I use a pose from the poser library, about 90% of the time the face changes back to the original model. I know there is a way around this, but I dont remember what it is. Could any help me please? Thank you Steve

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2004 at 2:08 AM

You can try this... Select the head, then in the toolbar>object>lock actor, before you use the pose. SWAMP

c1rcle ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2004 at 3:42 AM

It's possible the pose you used has some morph settings still included in it & as they're set to 0 they reset your figures face. Do what SWAMP said it'll fix you right up :)

Phantast ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2004 at 8:11 AM

However, it's really irritating when this happens, and you get no warning when applying a pose whether it will reset the face features or not. If you lock the head as SWAMP suggests, the head position won't be changed in the pose, and you'll then have to unlock the head again and change the position manually, which is a pain. So here's a better idea. Make a face file that sets all the facial features to zero. Now, every time you create or load a new character, do the following: 1. With all the facial expressions set to zero, select the head and do "spawn morph target". Call the new morph "Valerie" or whatever the character's name is. 2. Apply the "Zero all features" face. You're now back to the default face, but you have a morph channel called Valerie which is currently set to zero. 3. Turn it to 1.0. You now have the Valerie face back. Now, because no pose file knows anything about a Valerie morph channel, it can't change it. So you can apply any pose you like safe in the knowledge that it can't wipe out your character's face.

3ddave44 ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2004 at 8:21 AM

good tip, Phantast. I recently had this problem myself. I got around it by saving a face file as soon as I finished the face work. But this looks good too.

Phantast ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2004 at 8:27 AM

If you save a face file, a) You get a lot of face files cluttering the library; b) You have to find the face file and reapply it every time after using a misbehaving pose. That's why I use the method I described.

beos53 ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 2:36 AM

Thank You for the information. Swamp thank you for the lock actor info. That will help me on a cocuple o other things I am trying to do Phantast Thank you that did the trick, I will have to remember that

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.