Wed, Sep 18, 8:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Who's Your Daddy?

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 11:42 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 8:26 AM

Hey, I've got a question. Of all the male human meshes for Poser out there, which one is the toughest, most macho, non-quiche-eating badass of all? There is an answer! But first let's take a quick look at the contenders...

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 11:44 AM

file_106331.jpg

Is it Michael? Michael's looking like the American version of your "real man," here. He's a popular dude. But there's just one little thing...

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 11:45 AM

file_106332.jpg

Yep. THIS is also Michael! Strike.

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 11:47 AM

file_106333.jpg

OK, how about the new kid on the block, Behemoth by Sixus1? Listen, I wouldn't want to get on this guy's bad side or meet him in a dark alley, but I don't know. I've seen gladiator movies, so I know that these guys sometimes wear skirts, like Michael. The problem isnt't that Behemoth isn't manly, it's just that there's one who rules them all. Who is it?

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 11:48 AM

file_106334.jpg

Could it be AlphaMan, also by Sixus1? Well, he looks like the type who would kick sand in the face of a 98-pound-weakling on the beach one day, then rescue a damsel in distress the next. Too conflicted, too many "issues," too few polygons. Sorry, Alph. Who can it be?

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 11:50 AM

file_106335.jpg

WHO LET THIS CLOWN INTO THIS THREAD? I did NOT invite Creepy Clown to participate in this test of testosterone! OK, so Creepy is the world's greatest lover and all that, but he's a @$&*! clown! A man in makeup. Always crashing the party, uninvited, and hitting on the women. We need someone to take care of this annoyance...

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 11:53 AM

file_106336.jpg

SQUASHED by The Freak! DAZ really delivered with the big guy ... he's BIG and brawny, no doubt about that. But I'll tell you a little secret. I saw The Freak crying at the end of "Monsters, Inc." and "The Elephant Man." Yep. A big softie! You know what else? He's kind to little bunnies and likes to pick daisies in the Spring. Nothing wrong with that! But there is one who can out macho even His Freakiness... Who?

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 11:54 AM

file_106337.jpg

Aw, c'mon. Sure, Ichiro knows Kung Fu. Kewl. But Ichiro is a 4-fingered waif. Enough said. Who is most macho?

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 11:57 AM

file_106338.jpg

Now it can be told. Senya! It is Senya, by Nesterenko. Don't stare at that paunch. Don't you laugh in this guy's face! The very name "Senya" makes Tony Soprano pee-pee in his pantalones. He may look a bit soft, but no, Senya is one hard-edged Russian bear. Those other guys may have bigger muscles, but Senya is The One, The Dude, Da Man. Cower before Senya.

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 11:58 AM

I hope you enjoyed this exceedingly silly little thread. Dissent, challenges, and charitable cash donations are welcomed.

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 12:03 PM

file_106339.jpg

hehe ... but who's you're granddaddy? :)

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 12:13 PM

Grampa! No offense, old man, we loves ya, but it's not 1965 anymore. :-)

jchimim ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 12:26 PM

You discounted Creepy too soon. Maybe his nose isn't the only thing bulbous, most women claim to like a sense of humor, and what could be better than a man who knows make-up? :o)

Graviton ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 12:29 PM

I dunno about macho. They all seem to be very camp to me.

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 12:30 PM

True, but this is a very silly thread. :-)

Nevermore ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 1:31 PM

Very silly indeed, I nearly feel off my seat I laughed that hard. :oD

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 2:12 PM

xoconostle, what kind of facial morphs does senya have? I looked at him but, I want to see what can be done with the face :) The pics I seen of him look much the same. Thanks :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

A_ ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 2:46 PM

LOL, a fun thread! :)

compiler ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 3:12 PM

"Grampa!" "it's not 1965 anymore" ... (snif). It's the year I was born. So I'm in the grandpa's league already... (reaching for his cane and searching for that map to the old compugraphists' cemetery).

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 3:56 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_106340.jpg

What about this guy?? the artist is "manofsteel" of "rotica" fame

My website

YouTube Channel

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 4:31 PM

file_106341.jpg

Nahhh.....those guys are all wimps.

Here's a picture of Senya when he was just a boy.

"Poser art" can best be defined as "fantasy fulfillment".

In Poser, anyone can do anything.

P.S. I bought Senya, too. Haven't used him for anything yet. Senya looks like most over-35 men actually look.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

mathman ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 4:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1736725

file_106342.jpg

I recently posed a guess-who-this-is thread which was Senya, but for some reason everyone thought it was one of the female characters :)

Ardiva ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 5:05 PM

Don't big big guys have small....ummmm.....errrrr....never mind! I don't know about you other kids out there, but I certainly would like to have #1 as my daddy for sure. ~wipes drool from her mouth~ LOL!

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 6:06 PM

file_106343.jpg

Well, I do believe you overlooked a couple of serious contenders here, bud. One doesn't get around much, but he'll still beat the crap outa ya without breaking a sweat on his mesh.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 6:09 PM

file_106344.jpg

... while the other outshines a lot of the other muscleheads. At least his shoulders dont look like misplaced breast implants. :)

Ardiva ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 6:30 PM

I can take the first one of yours here, Sean. wink

sandoppe ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 9:44 PM

That's Mike 1, Sean?! Post #24 is one very fine image!

DefaultGuy ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 10:44 PM

Attached Link: http://brian.curiouslabs.com

file_106345.jpg

Eh, Bub.

sandoppe ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 10:59 PM

Brian I want to know how you get the atmospheric effects as well as you do. Any tutorials?

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 11:09 PM

That's Mike 1, Sean?! Nope. That's the P4Guy.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 11:09 PM

BTW: the second one -- the original Zygote Beastmaster.

shazz501 ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 9:53 AM

i'll take DefaultGuys dude thanks ;) (loves the X-men and wishes Gambit to be in the next movie :) )

sandoppe ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 10:43 AM

Makes you wonder why we bother to buy all that other stuff.....doesn't it!? Amazing!

3-DArena ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 11:28 AM

Hell I just want to know where you got that hairy texture for M3 in the first image!

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 12:02 PM

LadySilverMage, that texture is "Turkish Delight" by ernyoka1, which you can find in the MP here. pokeydots, the Senya mesh comes with a lot of expression morphs ... the usual basic ones you'd expect. There aren't many morphs to change the look of the character, though. You can change the shape of the lips, the nose a little bit, and I think there's one for ear size, but with this mesh you're really investing in the character that the creator came up, he's not a "Millennium" sort of figure. There are no body morphs. I purchased it because I thought it was cool that someone came up with a unique male character, something you don't see every day in the Poser universe. Xenophonz, your Senya as a kid really cracked me up. Thanks everyone for making this a fun thread. DefaultGuy, Sean, wolf359, no argument here. :-)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 12:57 PM

Senya Rules!!!!!!!!!

DefaultGuy ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 7:14 PM

Attached Link: http://3-axis.com/tutorials/tut/atmosphere.asp

Hi sandpoppe, Joe Grover (lawndart lawndart) posted my Atmosphere tutorial at http://3-axis.com. There is a free animated atmosphere shader that Larry Weinberg created and you can download. It's used in the tutorial. Nerd's tutorial is also a good reference. -Brian

DefaultGuy ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 7:20 PM

All I want to say is THANKS for putting FUN and sharing KNOWLEDGE and info back into RENDO :) This is a really fun thread. -Brian

sandoppe ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 10:12 PM

Hey thanks a bunch Brian! I don't have Nerd's backdrop but I would guess the cyclorama or the RDNA version would work just as well? Some of the atmosphere's you've created in your gallery images are really terrific! Thanks again for the tut and the shader :)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 1:55 AM

file_106346.jpg

**At one point, a group of foolish aliens, along with their unnatural commander, attempted to abduct Senya.

They never made that mistake again.

A lone worker managed to beam a brief warning to the hive:

ENVIRONMENT: HOSTILE. NATIVE SPECIES: DEADLY. RECOMMEND: FULL QUARANTINE.**

aaaakkkkkkk........!!!!!!!

Mankind is fortunate that Senya was in the right place at the right time.

Of course, he always is.

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 5:43 AM

Awesome image, xenophonz, well done :)

3-DArena ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 8:27 AM

HEH is it just me or does senya look like the son on King of the Hill to anyone else?

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

jchimim ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 8:58 AM

"is it just me or does senya look like the son on King of the Hill to anyone else?" Yeah! Bobby! I was trying to figure out who he reminded me of... :D

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 5:10 PM

Hahahaha ... love it, 'phonzie. (XENOPHONZ is gonna kill me for calling him that.) Yikes, you guys are totally right. Senya looks a LOT like Bobby on KOTH. Revenge of the nerds!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.