Fri, Sep 20, 1:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Vue vs Bryce 4 ?

Clear ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 4:17 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:40 AM

I have Bryce 4 and have yet to be able to get a Poser 4 import's textures to look right despite trying just about every tutorial i've found. From what i've read importing into Vue 4 is much easier. Could someone please tell me if this is true? Do imports require very much tweaking once imported? Also would you recommend Vue 4 or Vue Pro? Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 4:32 PM

Import from Poser into works great although there can be some quirks when using very big or complex Poser scenes. There is not much to tweak after importing, except maybe transparency and bump values which can be a little weak sometimes. Most of the time, it is working great. If you can afford it, I would recommend Vue Pro over Vue 4 for a lot of improvements they made to the interface as well as import/export capabilities. As for comparing Vue and Bryce, have a look in our Backroom page - there is a full section dedicated to comparing Vue to other software.

Clear ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 5:07 PM

Great! Thanks again for for the help Agiel. I didn't even know about the Backroom. That's wonderful.

brainmuffin ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 7:18 AM

For me, the fact that I can import animated poser scenes into vue means there's no comparison. Also, creating your own materials is easier and more intuitive than in bryce.

Tiny ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 1:34 PM

I used Bryce for several years. I had great problems with my Poser models in Bryce. Size of Poser models and rendertimes, a couple of the problems. One scene could take 6 hours when same scene counts only for minutes in Vue!
For me moving over to Vue has saved me months of work for my projects. I use Vue pro but Vue 4 is great too.

Clear ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 4:21 PM

I'm definitely going to have to start saving up for Vue. I've never had a problem getting a model into Bryce. My problem is with the textures. I've tried Grouper, tutorials, everything. They still never come out right. If it's that much easier to import to Vue i'd rather just have it anyway.

Antycon ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 2:56 PM

I don't know if it can be useful, but times ago I saw a japanese site with a Bryce 5 to Vue 4 converter... Here is the url http://www.angelfire.com/mac2/bryce2vue/ But as you have Bryce 4 maybe it won't work. As everyone said, Poser import in Vue works well, it is as easy as load an object;) when the Poser files is too "heavy" Vue can be slower but I think it is normal;) Choosing between Vue and Vue Pro depends for what you will use it... As a professional or as a hobby, most for still or animations...

nanotyrannus ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 3:09 PM

I started with Vue 3 a few years ago and have also tried Bryce 5 (which I quickly disliked because of the not quite intuitive interface and the difficulties I had in creating new textures (compared with Vue anyway)). Right now I work with both Vue D'Esprit 4 and Vue 4 Pro, So far I love the added features of Vue 4 Pro, but you'll have to weigh it yourself as Vue 4 Pro is more expensive. Personally if I had neither and had to pick one I would choose Pro over D'Esprit and do feel that the added features are worth it, but only if you don't have either version right now. Just my opinion.

elektra ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 6:16 PM

I started using Bryce with Bryce 3D and I went to 4 and 5. I wish I had found Vue sooner. Vue is much easier to learn, intuitive to use and plays much nicer with Poser. Hands down, I really like Vue a whole lot more.

petshoo ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2004 at 3:46 AM

I used Bryce in the past too. But I found that it started losing momentum after Bryce 3. Vue d'Espirit 4 is clearly superior in most respects (IMO). Of course, you can't compare Bryce to Vue Pro.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2004 at 4:10 PM

Antycon - That was an awsome link, thanks! = )

Antycon ( ) posted Wed, 28 April 2004 at 2:39 PM

You are welcome:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.