Fri, Sep 20, 9:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Looking For Feedback..

MallenLane ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 6:40 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 5:47 PM

file_134516.jpg

What do you think of this model?

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 7:21 PM

Mr. PotatoHead goes to seed? Scarab......<-much opinion would depend upon your explanation of the character and its/his/her purpose in life......

Scarab ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 7:22 PM

(seriously, it looks like top notch modeling....beyond that I would, as stated, need more background) Scarab <-came back just to look at the darned thing again....

BigSerge ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 7:45 PM

It is pretty darn good modeling Scarab, good job Love and Peace Serge

MallenLane ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 8:10 PM

Its a Treant =)

JAFO ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 8:17 PM

excelent

Y'all have a great day.

Lorraine ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 8:49 PM

....?...a stump from the haunted forest...or mini-me from the haunted forest? Cool...I bet it will be great in an animation.....easter bunny hopping down the path....only to have his cute little basket snagged by the mean old ....young....tree-thingy....I like it very much.... Lorraine (who is busy trying to learn how to model....see the sphere...see the cube....only to look up to see what others can do....back to bending the cube...twisting the cylinders...making bendy pipe things...)

texboy ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 9:11 PM

I like the looks of this fellow; sort of Ent-like, but shorter; do you plan to share or sell him? Good work! --texboy

MallenLane ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2000 at 9:22 PM

I hope to have him for sale soon. I was hoping to get it done in time for halloween, but was not meant to be. I had to go back several times and put mesh in, and correct things. I am grouping it up currently. It looks kinda cartoony now, and short ;) ... but I put in midsection I will make scaleable for more height ( hopefully), and more sinister appearance morphs, like clawed bony fingers, a more fluted and detailed body, and wrinkles ect.. It seemed easier to model the "blank canvas" and then morph in the otherstuff. Its about 16k faces ML

bast ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2000 at 8:43 PM

This is excellent base modelling. I would lengthen his "base trunk" a bit, so he is taller over all, and add a few more branches as well. Perhaps move the face up a bit on the trunk also. To add a bit more realism, you might consider making him asymetrical. Trees do not generally grow with symetrical sides like humans do. A lovely bark texture, and some leaves will give away what people are seeing to them. People need visual clues or they do not know what they see. I cannot wait to see more of him, Treants are amongst my favorite people!

MallenLane ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2000 at 9:24 PM

=) I was thinking about that actually. The asymetry. I was thinking last night about morph targets for the branches that would do that, and some verticle flutes on the trunk the same way. I put in a more dense section beneath the mouth and above the root-feet that I hope I can make scale for height. I figure some people may want short and fat or others tall, so i want to try and make it able to be both. More branches = well at first he had a more full head, but it just was too dense. I cut it down to the two. Perhaps I can make a prop, like hair =) but extra branches. Same with the leaves, maybe some fruit, and mushrooms on the side... ect.

Upir ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2000 at 9:26 PM

I agree with Bast. I think a few more branches would be a good idea. It just seems too sparse at the moment. It's a great looking model though, the hands especially look great!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.