Wed, Sep 18, 5:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Render Comparison

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 9:27 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 9:31 PM

Attached Link: Render Comparison

Thought I'd try rendering the same scene in different programs. Here's the ones I've done so far.

Stephen Ray

pogmahone ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 1:34 AM

Wow, the difference in render-times between Bryce and Carrara (22 mins v. 46 secs) nearly convinces me to to dust off Studio 2 and make a real effort to learn it.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 1:44 AM

I'm sad now. Thinking of shooting the old dog and getting myself a new puppy. :-(

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 2:45 AM

Universe4 sure looks good. What is your favorite ?

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 3:20 AM

definetely amorphium in my opinion =)

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 4:50 AM

I reckon Amorphium as well when do we see the Max/Maya/XSi versions? :)

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Dennisld ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 8:52 AM

The Amorphium image seems far and away the best, bright and alive with a beautiful depth of reflection. Is it just coincidence that the Bryce image took longest to load on my browser!! Bye now...Dennis

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 5:14 PM

I have to admit the Amorphium is my favorite. Will probable never see a Max, Maya, or XSI version cause I can not afford the programs, and I refuse to install a version that water marks. But I do have old versions of Truespace, Cinema 4D, 3D Studio, and Lightwave. but I have to install them again. Which I may do in the near future.

Stephen Ray

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 10:44 PM

BRYCE5 is showing its age! I am so damn sad I can't have a new version!

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 11:43 PM

I think the ball and the plate are much more photo real with the universe #4. That texture on the ball seems real.The strip around the homeplate seems much better than the rest.If it didnt have the sort of sharp edges I would think this was a photo.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Innovator ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 5:52 AM

Stephen...I can get renders of Maya 5 and max 5.1 at my school...if you give me the scene file, I can put 2 more renders on there for ya!

Damia ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 6:39 PM

This is great to see the differences. I also like the Amorphium best. Universe is second. Would love to see it in maya and max, too. :)

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 6:54 PM

If you would like to participate in this little endeavor. The scene is now available in 3 formats 3DS, OBJ and LWO2, the default texture maps are also available. Any logos will have to be added to the texture maps. Texture maps http://stevesartgallery.bryce-alive.net/scene/bb_scene_tex.zip Lightwave Objects LWO http://stevesartgallery.bryce-alive.net/scene/bb_scene_lwo.zip OBJ http://stevesartgallery.bryce-alive.net/scene/bb_scene_obj.zip 3DS http://stevesartgallery.bryce-alive.net/scene/bb_scene_3ds.zip Any images rendered can be emailed to StevesArtGallery@comcast.net Please put Baseball Scene, as the subject, and attach an uncompressed image at 1024X768, with a brief explanation of program & version, render setting & options, and render time. PS...let me know if there are any problems with the files.

Stephen Ray

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 9:50 PM

Thanks for the side by side comparison. Now, okay for the dumb question (maybe) - I'd like to know how each of the programs default settings compare with each other. I don't think anybody here who's kicking out good stuff is letting Bryce shuffle along with the defaults. I know you are looking for some type of baseline for consistency, but are any of these programs utilized heavily with default settings?

Gog ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2004 at 4:25 AM

Steve, I'll probably have a play with the Max one next week!.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.