Tue, Oct 22, 6:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: religious poses

wosendott ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 4:21 PM ยท edited Fri, 18 October 2024 at 1:53 AM

does anyone know where I can find religious-type poses? (most specifically kneeling/praying, but others welcomed) any help is greatly appreciated.. TIA - willo

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 4:44 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/freestuff.ez?Form.Contrib=Crescent&Topsectionid=0

Check the Free Stuff (link attached), last item on 4th page.

OneShot ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 4:44 PM

Do a search on religious and you'll find poses in the free section.

wosendott ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 1:58 PM

i did a search in the free-stuff for "religious" prior to posting here (i guess I should have mentioned that in my previous post, I apologize.) the poses there are pretty messed up (very distorted, some just make the figure flail arms and legs in very random directions, etc.) i was sort of hoping someone would know of another site somewhere. thank you all for the help all the same though and again I apologize for the lack of info in the first post. -willo

wosendott ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 2:01 PM

i forgot to ask, could the distortion in the poses be due to the figure(s) I am using or poser? I am using poser 5 (mac osx jaguar) and have tried them with v3/2, mayadoll, and the p5 characters.. I am new to poser, so I am not sure exactly where the problem is. This is the first time i've had problems with any poses. TIA - willo

freyfaxi ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 4:56 PM

You prob have wrong files then. possibley ones for the stock P4 chars - try the poses on them and see if the same happens. It they pose OK, then the pose Files were designed for those figures.You could also try a search for 'magic' - I have a couple of magical pose sets (again for the P4 chars) that I found in free stuff somewhere that have 'praying' figures

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 6:00 PM

Attached Link: http://www.schlabber.org/

You might find something you can use at Schlabber's site (link attached).

OneShot ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 6:03 PM

The original poses were probably made for Posette. 1st turn off IK's for any other poser figure and then you'll have to do so fine tuning on your own. Then you can save the pose for yourself. I'd suggest not saving the morphs in the pose. BTW what Mac are you running?

wosendott ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 7:12 PM

thanks for the help, i believe i have found a pose that I can work with at the above link. and I am running a 700mhz iBook (v1.12, the "ice book"), 256mb ram, osx jaguar (10.2.8).. it's a couple years old, but it gets the job done ;) .. thanks again guys - willo

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2004 at 12:39 AM

When applying poses remove the checkmarks for IK on all body parts and all clothing. (I do this when loading anybody or anything.) Next, see if "use limits" is checked. Many poses only work if "use limits" is not checked. That is designed to keep newbies from turning heads around 360 degress and getting arms stuck into pretzels. I will often leave it on unless I am using someone else's pose as a beginnning point or I'm exceeding what the mesh-maker thought was suitable. Finally, be sure that you are posing the figure and not the clothing item. Applying a pose to a boot will often do strange things when the body tries to follow along. If you select a body part from the drop-down menus (hip is always good) and apply the pose, the conformed clothing will follow the body into position. Many poses will work for figures other than the intended ones with a bit of tweaking. Most bipedal humanoids can accept poses from each other. Applying a cat pose to a human will lead to interesting positions that even Harry Houdini would have difficulty getting out of. A last point. Save before applying a pose!!! There is usually no undo for this sitution. There are default poses for the characters and "restore figure" sometimes works. However, it is better to save first to avoid losing data. HTH, Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.