Sat, Sep 21, 6:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Lute Prop coming soon

jschoen ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2000 at 1:33 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:39 PM

file_134566.jpg

I haven't got the period dress from Zygote yet, but very soon. So while I was waiting, I decided to create a few props to go with it. This is the first. The Lute. I need to maybe thin out the neck a bit. And still a few bugs in it but almost ready. Comments welcome. James

Mehndi ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2000 at 2:00 AM

James, where did you get the hair your model wears, and the dress? Are they available anywhere? The lute itself is lovely. I never realized their necks were so wide, but then I never saw one up close.

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2000 at 2:19 AM

Yes, good work on the Lute..I doubt I could do as well as that.

KenS ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2000 at 3:27 AM

That is a beautiful model. Great work!!!! Ken

tbsro ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2000 at 4:01 AM

I have seen a lute in real life, and their necks are MUCH thinner than that. Not so thin as a guitar, but closer. The body is lovely and the texture is beautiful! You're doing a really good job so far! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Kurka ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2000 at 7:50 AM

Hi. The neck is too wide. A lute with that many courses would have an extension neck. The frets are too dark. Lutes use gut strings as frets, and the fingerboard is generally darker. Also, all courses after the first should be doubled, up to the eight course, or so. The peg board should taper. Otherwise it's a fine lute.-FK.

jschoen ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2000 at 5:13 PM

See my new post. I've got the lute about 95% done, I still have things to do. Thanks for all the comments! They helped alot and I actually went to several lute sites. As for the dress, that is in the free stuff I made that 100 years ago. I think it's called James dress. The hair is a combo of a mesh of mine and Zygote's hair. So I can't give it away :( sorry. James

Mehndi ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2000 at 5:26 PM

Would it be the Princess Hair on the costume CD? if so, could you redistribute it using maz's mover? Where is your website btw, I would love a copy of your dress.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.