Wed, Oct 9, 12:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 7:44 pm)

Subject: Quick Tutorial on Making Poser Skin in Photoshop

PheonixRising ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 6:44 AM · edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 12:32 AM

file_23011.jpg

In any paint program that has layers and softlight or something similar. "Soft light" is a very powerful layer option when you apply it to greyscale images. Skin image cannot be in color. 1)Start with a pale pink/peach layer with a bit of blurred noise. 3)Grab the best pic you can of skin. Older people are great for this. 4)Make the skin pic greyscale and paste it as a new layer on top of the plain peach skin layer. 4)Switch the greyscale layer to "Soft light". 5)Erase the edges and start cloning or duplicating on the greyscale layer. Pretty simple and remarkable effective. Enjoy, Anton

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

PheonixRising ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 6:54 AM

file_23012.jpg

The same thing can be done with "overlay", but the effect is much stronger. You might want to desaturate the final image by -10 if it is to bright.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Maveris ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 7:18 AM

Very cool... thanks for sharing!! Mav :)

Flaxynn ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 8:41 AM

Wow! That's one nifty trick! Anybody ever tell you you're way too smart! ;-P Jus' funnin', Anton! Thanks so much!

MisterDog ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 10:11 AM

Alternatively, you could use the greyscale portion as a bump map (which is what it really is, after all). Thus, you free yourself up to use a variety of colorations. Remember the bump map!!! PS: That thar skin looks NEKKID ta me!

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2002 at 7:21 PM

Anton - Ssssh! you're giving away all my tricks ;) Seriously folks - I'll be covering this in painful and excrutiating detail in my next magazine article. Both for clothing and skins. Lyrra

PheonixRising ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2004 at 4:18 PM

antonfindmelater

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 9:46 AM

Bookmarking some of my old tutorials

AKtutorialbookmark

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.