Fri, Sep 20, 2:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser scene for Vue

14051980 ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2004 at 7:07 AM ยท edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 9:04 AM

Hi Ummm....I was so lucky i got Vue, but cannot load a Poser pz3 scene in it! =( I know i will have to export in .obj using Poser and import it into Vue. How shall i setup my export? I already tried but loading it up in Vue, some Body parts of my figure's mesh were missing. How shall i setup the setting for the transparency in Vue? (hair, stockings, bra...) Thx and bye stef

Irish ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2004 at 7:15 AM

I have Vue 4 and pz3 files load fine. What version of Vue do you have - perhaps you need an update from Vue. :) Irene

Jackson ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2004 at 7:54 AM

"I know i will have to export in .obj using Poser and import it into Vue" That's not correct. Just save your Poser scene as a normal pz3. In Vue, open the Objects menu and select "Import Object." Navigate to where your pz3 is stored and double-click it. The entire pz3, sans lights, should come in. The transparencies should be already set. If not, hit F6 and find the material--say the hair texture--then double click it to edit. Go to the Transparency tab and make sure it's set to 100%. But of course, like Irish says, you have to have at least version 4 of Vue for this to work.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2004 at 10:09 AM

FYI Vue excepts imports as 3ds/obj/lwo & pz3 and I think shade files as well. Try getting the latest updates from Vue.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2004 at 5:35 AM

Also, if you are going to import a pz3, you have to make sure that the poser application is not running while you are in Vue. Sharen

Gini ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2004 at 6:31 AM

Attached Link: http://www.fallencity.net/tut-vue/vue-michael.php

Just read a good tutorial on exactly that by Crescent.( url above) Some other really helpful tuts too. Thanks Crescent !

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Terraflora3D ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2004 at 10:23 AM

First you need the Update to Vue4.20-02. This allows you to import Poser-Files. Vue asks you for the location of poser.exe. Except hair of the hairroom and some textur-adjustments Vue imports correctly. If you have nonetheless problems (some figures do not appear in Vue (I had this problem :-) )) do following: 1.Copy your Poser5-folder and name it Poser5Safe (or so) 2.Delete your Poser5 from the registry (windows system control - software -deinstall) 3.your original Poser5 is now deinstalled, but your copy is fully functionable! - and pz3-files produced now in Poser will appear in Vue! --- Don't ask me why, but it works! 4. When I import in Vue my poser application is running, and some other programms too.... only if you have a waek computer, may be, there are problems with the memory...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.