Tue, Oct 22, 9:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Messing with negative and positive

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2004 at 11:47 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:59 AM

file_107162.jpg

Somehow it ended up me making some chess pieces.Having fun with cutting out with negative shapes. So now I will make a complete chess set. I know so many have,but it's fun.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2004 at 11:52 PM

file_107163.jpg

I want to try some lighting effects under the board.To come out ot the hole I created.All I am getting is this generic type of light.I'd like some kind of a glow. Any suggestions.???

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2004 at 11:59 PM

Bryce can't do a glow normally/easily. I usually will do it in post-work, or you can experiment with materials that are volumetric like, or non volumetric mats that use the "fuzzy" option. AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 12:21 AM

Maybe you could use some transparency to fake a glow. I remember playing with the Japanese Lantern AgentSmith made a while back, and making the "paper" object in the lantern about 25 percent transparent seemed to be about right to add a glow from the light in the lantern.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 12:26 AM

file_107164.jpg

(Here's me scribbiling all over your picture...) Some 10 minute post-worked glow. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 12:36 AM

Yeah. You got what I wanted to do perfect.Thanks.Now I'll try it.

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2004 at 12:55 AM

Think I'll try a spotlight or two to see if I can get it. Trying how you did it in PSP8 is testing my patience LOL.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.