Tue, Oct 22, 1:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Van Helsing *flap flap flap flap flap*

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:07 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:25 AM

Okay I must admit that I am a bit conserned about mixing this character with James Bond but the Flying Succubus Vampire Maidens are fabu. I am sure we are about to see a search of Gothica. How much you want to bet? Anyway, has anyone seen any pics on the web of the winged Vampiresses from the movie? I looked but couldn;t find anything.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:10 PM

ohh. Fewwer typos than normal. :) ... Damn.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Lord_Lucan ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:14 PM

Attached Link: http://www.outnow.ch/Media/Img/2004/VanHelsing/

No flying vamps, but there are some of the 'Brides', and some posters of the monsters if you want. PS: I think you have to register to d'load the posters.

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:23 PM

Yeah none there either. Great large pics though. I must admit the movie as a very Poser Hot 20 look to it. :) This movie is going to be Poserized by the end of the month . :) I really like that She-bats. They actually remind me of a pic Jack K. used on one of his sites years and years ago.

Lord_Lucan ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:23 PM

file_107930.gif

Here's one (small though)...

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:25 PM

There was a making of on sci-fi tonight, and they had plenty of flying bride shots. I'll bet someone makes it available on usenet by tommorrow. I taped most of it, and it was pretty good, but maybe showed too much.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:25 PM

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankie.

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:28 PM

It's nice to know that when female vampires turn into bats, they retain their love for jewelry even though their nipples vanish. :)

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:30 PM

Yeah nice way to make them sexy, but keep a lower movie rating...

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:34 PM

Great makeup. I always liked the human-bat thing since Bram Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:36 PM

Yep. I love the wolfman, but I don't think I like Frankenstein's makeup much.

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:39 PM

yeah a bit over processed. I do like the glowy thing in his chest. But do I think a scientist brilliant enough to bring the dead back to life, might have at least consulted with a seamstress before assembling the pieces. :)

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:42 PM

Hee hee... yup. It looked from the making of, that he has a clear green top of his head, with lightning moving around inside it. That was kinda cool looking, but I reall ywould have loved to see just a BIT more of Karloff's monster in him. It also looked like the wolfman's ears are sorta weird looking.. very high and pointy.

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:45 PM

I did like the idea that istead of grwoing hair, the ripped the himan flesh away to expose the wold withing. WAs a fairly original take of it. In the 70's I use to watch all the old ones on "Creature Double Feature" every Saturday afternnon.

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 10:48 PM

Same here.. I always have had a love for the old monster movies... And I really miss horro movie hosts.. they went away with the advent of cable, and satillite dishes.

Skidlicious ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 11:03 PM

file_107931.gif

Hi ya! Well completely unrelated to VanHelsing here is Tril'n a character from a project of mine.

Skidlicious ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 11:05 PM

file_107932.gif

Here's my question tho. What is wrong with the wing memebrane? I have it set as a single color. It looks fine when in display mode but when I render she goes all wierd.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 11:18 PM

I'd guess it's a problem with double-sided polys. If you have Poser 5, try using the displacement trick on the wing membranes.

Skidlicious ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 11:21 PM

Displacement trick? Please, this sounds intriguing. I am always having problems with my double sides.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 11:47 PM

file_107933.gif

Select the wing-membrane's material in the Material Room, then attach a Simple_Color node to the Displacement channel.

Set the displacement strength to a fairly low value ... 0.001 or so. You only need to displace the opposite sides of the polys enough so that they no longer occupy the same space.

Don't forget to enable displacement in your render options, also.

The displacement trick only works with the Firefly render engine. The old P4 renderer doesn't support displacement.

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 11:49 PM

Ah this is what I was trying to tell someone about. antonfindmelater

Skidlicious ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 11:59 PM

The Firefly is a pisser. Can anyone tell me what the sense of Firefly is? I notice a slight difference in quality and this displacement thing sounds cool. But it take so f***** long!

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 12:14 AM

By the end of the month? Have you seen the latest releases at RDNA? ;-)

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie for the visuals but unfortunately advance reviews are dismal. We'll all have to judge for ourselves, as always.

Skidlicious ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 12:22 AM

It is always best to judge for one's self. The Mummy movies were cool so I expect this to be the same calibre. Having Dracula, the Wolfman, and Frankenstein all in one movie? The story MUST be pretty loose.

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 1:11 AM

"The story MUST be pretty loose" Pretty 'loose' from what? Dracula never turned into a bat nor sucked blood (as far as any recorded history could turn up). Wolfman is a folks tale. Frankenstein was a woman's dream. I'm quite excited that one would resurrect these stories, let alone blend them all together and give us another soldier of fortune to add to legends! Oh, and the RDNA Beast Hunter ROCKS!!

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 3:16 AM

Just went to look. See what I mean. heheh. That was fast. Yeha it look great.

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 3:36 AM

file_107934.gif

ok, sorry, couldn't resist spilling a tiny bit....

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

BCEmcke ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 5:14 AM

This "spilling" looks good! :-)

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 5:37 AM

Spilling is a sin. :) Really Nice Crossbow.

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 6:49 AM

That crossbow looks more movie accurate as well. Abd as far as the movie is concerned, I'm expecting a monsterlicious roller coaster ride, like Mummy delivered. And NBC I think has already signed off on a Transylvania tc series based in the Van Helsing "world".

akura_ ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 9:01 AM

anyone now where I could get the crossbow seperate for Poser 5.

akura_ ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 9:02 AM

anyone now where I could get the crossbow seperate from the RDNA Beast Hunter for Poser 5.

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 9:04 AM

The RDNA one just became available, so you'd have to buy the pack for that. This new one looks to be a WIP, untextured, so we'll just have to wait for it.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 9:06 AM

I've been desperate to see this movie since the posters went up city wide, probably world wide too. Don't care if the story is loose though 'cos I think the visuals will more than compensate. 8) Catlin

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 9:44 AM

Yep.. sideshow did an excellent job with the 12" figures, but the Jakks toys REALLY suck.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 12:22 PM

Yeah, this fantasy stuff seems to spawn a lot of merchandise... like the whole "High Fantasy" thing over at DAZ tapped into the "Lord of the Rings" thing. LOL... I'm just waiting to see if they release a unimesh Succubus.

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 10:09 PM

I want Poser creatures from all the Ray Harryhausen movies!

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 10:19 PM

Clash of the Titans and the Sinbad movies are my favorites.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2004 at 6:34 AM

I still want an outfit like Alucard (the anime character in the Hellsing series) wears. Stylish? Yum! (Or should I say "slurp"?) Most of it is Middle European, maybe 1800, with a bit of flair. I prefer things which are not exactly out of movies but which go back to their sources.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.