Thu, Sep 19, 3:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Everquest Character Models and Objects

Grace37 ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 2:51 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:39 PM

Hi there i was just wondering if there were someone out there that would model some of the Everquest characters and objects and make morphs for the daz people or something to that effect i would love to be able to make more realistic looking poser pics of me and my friends characters

TygerCub ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 3:03 PM

Grace37, I had to laugh out loud when I read the title of your post... years ago I bought Poser with the idea of making my own EQ characters too. Has EQ really been online that long?!? One of the first morphs I created was an Orc from Faedark for the P4 low-res figure. Wish I'd kept it now! But after upgrading my figures to Mike & Vic, I just couldn't go back. Anyway... to answer your question: First place you need to look in in the free stuff pages. There is a ton of stuff here that can be used for EQ items... staffs, swords, some helmets, one or two clothing items. Next, head on over to DAZ. If you are a member of the DAZ Platnum club, check out the changing fantasy suit, the adventurer's suit and the beast master suit. Those three should get you started. If you hit RDNA, look for Transpond's Microcosm sets. Between the micro sets, the treehouse, and the various ruins, you should have quite the set-up for most EQ landscapes. Beware while making your images, though! Poser has a way of taking over and superceding your original EQ habit! Good Luck!

TygerCub ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 3:05 PM

Oh yeah... check out PhilC's stuff too!

Grace37 ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 3:46 PM

lol yes EQ is still around and on top of that EQ2 is just going into beta testing mondaty may 3rd. with such things as all the npc's haveing accual voices and talking. it is a really big thing eq1 has like 6 or 7 expansions with at least 2 or 3 in the makeing the next expansion will have yet another geometry update because they recently replaced the graphics engine. i do know of all the free places and things beleve me but i was more interested in some Specific things from everquest. and i have been successfuly balenceing my poser and eq habbits for over 3 years now ^_^ (fingers crossed) you should come try it out again sometime

Condrah ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2004 at 4:31 PM

i though i was the only one that played eq in here.....im also following EQ2 which looks amazing! with a dif gameplay and much better :p and about fantasy models...try DAZ3d and dwarf model is pretty good :p

Aishai ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 4:46 AM

Hi all, nice to find fellow EQ player's here. I got Poser a few months ago just so that I could make a cool looking sig for my Guild's Board & now am hooked. A friend showed me a picture by "Valthira Arkayne" was of a Bard in one of his famous "Playwiz" cover edition's. I had no clue what a render was let alone of Poser. But, I just had to get it!! After failing to find someone...anyone to make me one :/ So far I have searched high and low for EQ type of clothing that would be nice for my toon's. I like Baron Vlad Harkonnen clothing sadly they for V2, am trying to practise how to use the Clothes Coverter :) And still haven't got a clue how to pose the arrow in the hands :( I am still learning day by day. Anyways, happy to meet you here!

Grace37 ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 5:04 AM

^_^ kewlies

Kuladen ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 10:45 AM

I am an EQaholic as well....when I have time to play between working and going to school full time.

Grace37 ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 12:06 PM

wow there are lots of EQ players in the poser community. seems like a good group to try to sell stuff too WINK WINK WINK

Towal ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2004 at 1:58 PM

add another EQer to the list. BVH has a V3 version out now (of course after I buy V2 just so I can use that set).

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2004 at 12:47 AM

Hummm, I thought eq was boring, finally quit it altogether. Marque

TygerCub ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2004 at 5:02 AM

Yeah, I remember some boring moments... boat rides from one continent to another were the worse, with "Meditating for Mana" being a very close second. When I left EQ, the developers put in a little "tetris" style screen game the users could play while waiting for the mana bar to rise (I don't like tetris). I hear it's possible to watch the action as one meditates now. My biggest gripe was with spawn campers. What a waste of my time... 5 minutes of sitting around waiting for the boat to arrive, 5 minutes of waiting for the boat to GET THERE, another 20-30 minutes of trying to find the stupid spawn point of the critter that would give me the key element needed to complete whatever quest I was on at the time... then find the camp only to discover there's a group of morons who refuse to leave because whatever secondary treasure the critter has is worth imaginary $$$ out in the Karanas! I think THAT was the main reason I got sick of playing. Poser's lure just sent me over the edge into a kinder, gentler place... like the forums! HA!

Grace37 ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2004 at 12:27 PM

well let me catch you up... most places are reachable by port or plane of knoledge port stone or Lost dungeons of norath magus. so bats are obsolete especialy means they still keep breaking down. with the addition of lost dungeons of norath instanced zones became available which means that when your group enters the dungeon only your group has access to thet dungeon when another group wants to play that dungeon another seprate zone just for them is created so that camping isnt a problem. there are still areas that camping is a problem but not as much anymore because there are so many places to camp now there really isnt a reason to be upset anymore. almost no one plays the stones game anymore it is boreing and a little dumb lol there are also in game mapping your suppose to draw your own map as you go but most just download them lol and install them so no excuse getting lost anymore lol. my main gripe is people tend to be rude and unhelping but i recently moved to the roleplaying prefered server and that is a thing of the passed everyone there is so polite and helpfull...well unless they take ther rpg'ing too seriously then being an ogre i get alot of people screaming and running away or people like dwarves holding a grudge agganst me cuz i ate there uncle once lol. all of those problems i hear have been fixed in EQ2 in EQ2 you can own your own boat and most zones are instanced you can even own your own home or guild hall. if you once liked everquest i suggest you goto www.everquest.station.com and check it out it just entereed the application part of the beta testing stage. but this is poser forum so who is going to make my eq character morphs HUH HUH HUH lol

TygerCub ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2004 at 4:47 PM

What, exactly, are you looking for? If you can provide a list (with pictures), people may have things already created that will work, or they may be able to make them relatively quickly (relative being... well... relative).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.